Default How much to pay for this Supra Launch!

Hi all! I am new to this forum and looking for advice in buying my first boat. I live in Texas and am looking at a 2002 Supra Launch with 925 hours (he says he estimates only 500 since he has it on chilling in the cove, don’t know if that’s true or not). The boat looks great other than some very minor scratches on it. The boat needs a new amp cause the one it has is under powered. Any help would be great!
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is the exact same boat that I have. Absolutely love it for being an all around great boat. We water ski, wakeboard, surf and tube behind the boat. It's not the best at anything but very good for all of them. We have been in very choppy lake water and the boat handles it quite well. That being said, I bought a lemon. So I made lemonade. I liked the boat so much I've spent the last 9 weeks and X,000 dollars refurbishing the bilge (clean, fibreglass repair, paint, seal all thru hulls) and all the controls (rudder, prop, steering, throttle, shifter, perfect pass, shaft alignment, stuff box, trim tab ) and tbi gaskets, and fuel lines in the boat. Oh yeah, and it turns out I had no trailer brakes last year either and didn't know it. Put some new kodiaks on this year. I am in the final stages and should have it running by the weekend. I was a boat Newby and snatched up the first cool boat that was in our price range. Somewhat of a mistake but we got through last year and put 60 hours on the boat with 25 days on the water. Last year I did impellers, distributor cap, plugs and wires and filters. Needless to say buyer beware - take a look at the bilge and it will tell you a lot about how much the owner cares about the boat. . I should have known this boat was not well taken care of with all the ripped seats, messy wiring, and 4 inches of mucky water in the bilge. Also, some of the fibreglass in the bilge started lifting at the bottom where it meets the sides this was allowing water to go where it probably shouldn't. Again, likely due to leaving water in there. So, basically don't hesitate on the boat but make sure you look for the opposite of what I bought as far as condition goes!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I paid $22k Canadian... attached is a pic you don't want to see when you do your inspection! And then midway and then near the end after correcting most of the bad...

So what do you think it’s worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboulton View Post
    So what do you think it’s worth?
    I did a quick search this week and found multiple boats for sale in the 2002 /2003 era Launch. I'd say low to mid 20's if it was in the condition mine was and $30k tops if it has been very well maintained. The hours on the engine is both good and bad. It survived this long which is good. You need to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when you look around the boat. Talk to the owner about oil change intervals etc. If it's been in saltwater you have more to worry about. Good luck!

So 15k cash is a good deal? Is there any guides on what to check when looking to buy it?

$15k cash is a great deal. Too good to be true. I wouldn't buy it unless he started the motor for you and let it run. Try and get it in the water amd drive around. He may have overheated it and is wanting to get rid of it.

Is there a guide of things to check over ? Also any more advice on price