Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Advice on buying my first Supra 07'22v

Hello there - This is my first post on here and I am just looking for some feedback to put my mind at ease with writing a 35k check for this boat. Its an 07' Supra 22v and its super clean, 580 hours - interior is perfect and runs great. I'm in Colorado and I have shopped what feels like every boat within a 1000 mile radius and I am thinking this is the one. I just want some feedback from anyone who is familiar with this boat or anyone who owns or has owned it. Any issues with this specific year? Is there anything specific that I should really look at on the boat before buying to make sure its working without issue? The guy says he owes 35k on it so that's the lowest he can go, and honestly I'm good with the price but just looking for some peace of mind. Thanks everybody!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Okay, well not alot of feedback on this. How about any insight from anyone about sunsports in general? Reliable boats? Any issues? Thanks!

I have a 2008 22ssv with about 300 hours and it's been pretty good to me so far. Had to change out the starter and my alternator is getting weak. If you're using the boat for surfing you will need to add a new ballast system as they didn't change it over until 2009. I put 1000# in each rear locker and 800# mid front and it use to take about 45 minutes to fill the bags. I changed the whole system over with a kit from Wake Makers and now it takes about 2 songs to fill the whole thing.

Cheers,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Allyourcoin$ View Post
    Hello there - This is my first post on here and I am just looking for some feedback to put my mind at ease with writing a 35k check for this boat. Its an 07' Supra 22v and its super clean, 580 hours - interior is perfect and runs great. I'm in Colorado and I have shopped what feels like every boat within a 1000 mile radius and I am thinking this is the one. I just want some feedback from anyone who is familiar with this boat or anyone who owns or has owned it. Any issues with this specific year? Is there anything specific that I should really look at on the boat before buying to make sure its working without issue? The guy says he owes 35k on it so that's the lowest he can go, and honestly I'm good with the price but just looking for some peace of mind. Thanks everybody!
    I own a 2007 22' SSV. It's been a good boat. I've done lots of upgrades to get more modern tech.

The 325 and 340 motors are stout motors. 580 hours is not much for that year. Maintenance matters. Changing the oil every 50/hrs.

Back 10 years ago, the surf technology has changed a lot.

To Surf, you need upgraded ballast bags. Once you get upgraded ballast bags (1100# rear), you also should upgrade your pump system - from 1 pump to 3 reversible ones. Once you get enough weight, it will surf great. Even weight or 100% surf and 75% off side. Add a wake-shaper/suck-gate to the non surf side and start surfing.

To wakeboard, you can do that right out of the box. Adding weight makes the wake steeper.

Stereos will need upgrades if it has the original one. Kenwood stuff is out of date.
    2018 Supra SL400

$35k is ballpark. Varies all over the country.

Guys that are looking to get out of older direct-drive boats and get into a v-drives look for Supras around this year. The mid 2000s are affordable and good boats. Once you hit the new models, you will have a big price jump. Thus, the newer boats keep the models (like a 2007) in this price range.
    2018 Supra SL400

I do not know of anything major to report on the 2007s.

There are some posts about vapor-lock issues (not starting) when the motor compartment gets really hot. ut some of that depends on what fuel you are burning or if the fuel pump is not getting enough pressure or if you are running the blower when surfing or boarding.

I had the issue 3-4 years ago. I stopped using E-Fuels and started using 100% gas. Problem never happened again.
    2018 Supra SL400

Let me now if you have any other specific questions.

Good Luck. BUY IT!!!
    2018 Supra SL400

That is a nice-looking boat! Check to see if it has the upgraded "high elevation" prop. Being in Colorado I am betting it will make a huge difference. We run our '06 Launch 21V boat at Navajo Lake (6,000 feet elevation) and had to immediately order a this prop. Now it plains out quickly with loaded ballast. Good luck and let us know if you ended up buying it.
    2006 Launch 21 V

Good call on prop.

If it has the original, you can buy an upgraded prop for $400ish?

Then the old one is your spare.

That is what I did. Upgraded prop is a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I have a 03 Supra SSV and have had to only replace the steering cable and the prop for the elevation. I bought as big of ballast bags that I could fit in my compartments. We have a surf gate from wakemakers and love surfing! I don’t have any of the new technology on mine but am very happy with it! My favorite place to run it is Navajo Lake in NM. You just need to take care of it and it’ll be great! Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk