Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2000 Legacy Dash gauges are not working

Year 2 for me owning this beauty, I love this boat but as most older things; time to give it some love... My gauges are not working. I was told it was some type of box that isn't working and needs to be replaced. Would anyone know what this part is called?

Also the guy I bought it from removed the heater, are these difficult to find? I'd love to put one back in for those early AM Ski sessions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wakemakers offers a model. Google for more options and pricing.
    https://www.wakemakers.com/heater-cr...er-system.html

Not sure on gauges.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks, I'll look into that heater!

I recently replaced all the gauges in my 00 Launch. It's not hard if you have some experience with wiring.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...h-Dash-Rebuild

I've replaced the MDC board twice in my 2000 Legacy. Both within the first 3 years owning the boat. Original owner and still love it!
    What I have done every winter since then is remove it when winterizing and store it in a warm DRY place until spring. Water flows through the board and freezes if left in over the winter. No problems since.

Good morning ! I also have a 2000 Legacy and I just replaced the MDC board but a mechanic quit that was working on it. I have a green wire with a small eye-lit on the wire, where does it land? Love the boat, still slalom skiing at 62, never dreamed I would be! Thanks for the tip, removing the MDC board from the boat in the winter. That is probably why it went bad!March 2016 Supra.jpg

Thanks, I had the control box replaced. It was completely corroded so now I have 2 (speed, RPM) of the 7 gauges working. They mentioned that the gauges might be blown so I was going to replace them (bought some Sierras) but unfortunately the wiring system on the gauges I bought aren't the same as the gauges in the 2000 I own. My gauges have a quick connect that I would prefer to keep using instead of cutting wires. Anyone know where to buy these gauges? I haven't found any retailer that carries them!

People should really consider ditching the MDC and switching to analog gauges. It's not that hard to do, and will teach you a lot about your boat if you haven't done this kind of thing. Whoever wrote the link I posted above from the MC forum did a great job.

All the analog gauge signal wiring is in place in your boat, it just feeds into the MDC box which converts it to digital signals to the gauges. The way my 2000 Launch was wired, the engine harness (with all the gauge signal wires) comes up to the dash, and then the gauge wires go back to the MDC at the rear starboard side of the hull. The MDC signal wires then come back up to the dash. I was able to cut about 20' of wiring harness out of the circuit, and just splice into the engine harness under the dash.

The Faria gauge kit I used has a much better "feel" than the OEM Medallion stuff (heavier, nicer materials, better illumination), and cost around $175. I replaced pretty much my entire dash (gauges, switches, breakers), and even had new dash bezels custom made for less than the cost of just a new MDC box. I'm surprised you can actually still buy replacement MDC boxes. Replacements are sure to get harder and harder to find.

I read somewhere that the MDC was a technology that was looking for a home at the time. I feel the same way about it as I do the touchscreens they put in all new boats now... Hard pass!

Thanks Yeah, that box was 900 CND to change it!

Great feedback, really appreciate.