Default 04 Supra water seperator

2004 Supra 340 FI Indmar. We were out running the boat after de-winterization and it started and ran great. After about 25min of normal ops it just died. Like running out of gas. full tank, all indications are normal. after sitting for a short while it runs rough for a minute or so but will not clear or power up. Ideas? water separator? fuel pump? anyone else had this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Veeone View Post
    2004 Supra 340 FI Indmar. We were out running the boat after de-winterization and it started and ran great. After about 25min of normal ops it just died. Like running out of gas. full tank, all indications are normal. after sitting for a short while it runs rough for a minute or so but will not clear or power up. Ideas? water separator? fuel pump? anyone else had this issue?
    Don't believe they had a fuel water separator in the 04's with Assault 325, which is what I think you are meaning to say you have.
    I had similar issues with an 04 SSV years ago and after an embarrassing wasted hour labor at the dealer- turned out to be a shot cap & rotor.

You'll also hear of the fuel pump vapor locking, but after it cools down I think it usually runs fine again (till it happens again)

I have a 2008 Supra 21V with 5.7 MPFI and have issues with vapor lock. Considering installing fuel water separator/filter. Does anyone have recomendations? Hose size, flow rate and pressure? Has anyone reached out to Indmar about this issue and do they have any solutions?

Maybe it's the Ignition Coil. The IG can fail intermittently when hot.
    2004 Supra Launch SSV
    1991 Ski Nautique