Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It has something to do with it either being under load or warming up. Boat runs great out of the water. I have never run it long enough as I would on the lake. I have been messing with this problem for over 5 years. Two years ago I finally broke down and sent it to a supra dealer. After getting it back from dealer. It did the exact same thing. Ran great for a half hour or so. Then shut off. It would start back up. Idle. Rev up. Run smooth. I raised the idle speed. It would run up to half throttle then start cutting out. If I backed it down it would run. Took it back to dealer. They said they put the wrong condenser on it. Got it back and it ran good for a year. Maybe ten hours. Got it out this year. Same thing. Ran good for a half hour and then died. Started back up. But will not run over half throttle. There HAS TO BE a simple answer to this. If it has spark and gas that motor should run. WHAT THE HELL AM I MISSING.

It’s a 351 Ford. I have in framed majored these motors. Which is why I boat this boat. But it seems neither I or the supra dealer can figure this out.

Check points, dwell, Ign coil and timing to start.

Not sure about your exact issue, but has anyone checked the fuel tank vent is clear and the hose has a loop up so water cannot get in the fuel that way. Fuel filter replaced? Fuel sample, in a clear jar and let it sit overnight...look for water at the bottom. Changing to electronic ignition was one of my best mods to my '90. I installed a Pertronix kit, about $100. Sure hope you get it figured out, and let us know what fixed it!
    -Rich
    1990 Supra Mariah/351 PCM 1:23-1 PCM

Yes I did check the vent. Had it replaced. I did have a little water in my fuel filter. But not too much. Going to try and swap out coil to see if that makes a difference.