Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default My 1989 sunsport

Here are some pics of my 1989 sunsport before and after installing a
    New Dimensions custom tower. I purchased new in 89 it now has 600 hours
    and is in like new cond. I also installed a new Kenwood stereo with 4 kicker
    gunwale speakers and a 400 watt Diamond amp to the fusion 3 way tower speakers. The radio is now in the side storage compartment under the dash and I installed a remote on the drivers side in front of the gear shifter . After removing the old radio I built a new glove box 4 times the size of the old one but it still it looks the same from inside the boat. I will try to send more pics when it comes out of storage. My boat has been outstanding and I am considering a new 24 launch but I don't think I
    could ever sell my first pride & joy 89.

[img]
    IMG]http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn127/suprahunter/SupraPicture005.jpg[/IMG]

[img][/img]

Fine looking boat! I have an 88 Sunsport. Do you happen to have the owners manual for yours? I have been trying to find one.

Default manual

Yes I have both boat and engine manuals.

Default Manuals

Sorry, I didn't see your reply until tonight. Would you be able to photocopy the manuals? Drop me a message at the e-mail for this site. Thanks. One of these days after the rain stops I need to get some pictures of my ride up...

Quote Originally Posted by purple boat View Post
    Sorry, I didn't see your reply until tonight. Would you be able to photocopy the manuals? Drop me a message at the e-mail for this site. Thanks. One of these days after the rain stops I need to get some pictures of my ride up...
    Purple
    Go to Planet Nautique website there you can download a copy of the PCM manual.
    The Older Supras used PCM ford based engines. The owners manual is somewhat large
    I wonder if this would be something that the forum should put on line it would help
    others looking for the older manuals.

Cool

I downloaded the PCM manuals from there already. I was looking for the actual owner's manual. Trying to figure out available options and such before I start some projects this year, maybe figure out what the open area under the glove box is for... Thinking about putting a sub in there.

wow, that's a clean looking boat! never seen that color accent stripe...is it pink/purple?

figure out what the open area under the glove box is for... Thinking about putting a sub in there.
    i don't know what it's for but i cut an opening at the bottom big enough for my batteries to slide thru. opens the area up under the spotter's seat for drier storage than under the back seats too.

Wow ,that's one clean boat. You can be really proud of taking such good care of it. Keep it up.
    88 Comp, new floor, new interior, new stereo, new 05 decals, new carb, new distr., New Dimension tower, new carpet, 4-blade Michigan Prop, Roswell swivel racks, Sky Ski rack.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty87 View Post
    wow, that's a clean looking boat! never seen that color accent stripe...is it pink/purple?

i don't know what it's for but i cut an opening at the bottom big enough for my batteries to slide thru. opens the area up under the spotter's seat for drier storage than under the back seats too.
    The boat is a Classic model the hull is rose and antelope the accent stripe is pink.
    I Took a lot of sh*t for the pink over the years but it fits with the other colors.
    I also use the area under the spotters side dry storage for the second battery I moved the #1 battery under the dash years ago. I found that with two batters on the drivers side
    makes the wake off center.

I downloaded the PCM manuals from there already. I was looking for the actual owner's manual. Trying to figure out available options and such before I start some projects this year, maybe figure out what the open area under the glove box is for... Thinking about putting a sub in there.
    There are 75 pages in the owners manual too much to post.Let me know what areas you need I will fax them to you. If the forum wants to post the manual I will work something out.
    I have 2 amps both are under the dash as well as the sub and battery. Very tight but
    works perfect and still plenty of room. that way the dry storage is still wide open and less chance of the amps being damaged.Let me know if you want pics. I may also have the sales brochure from 89 wife says we have it but I'm not sure .