I'm finally making some progress on this install. Been busy with other stuff. I've only got 2 flush panels to make and it'll be done and ready for the water. I powered it up last night and tuned it in for the first time. All I can say is WOW! The 4 Wet Sounds XS-650's are new, the 4 JL 10W0's are new, and the Kenwood sub amp are new. The boat originally had 10 Kenwood 6.5's, 2 4-channel kenwood Excelon amps, and 1 10" Excelon woofer. I also added 2 Stinger SP1500D sealed batteries and ditched the OEM Deka Marine batteries.

Here's what I ended up with:

*1 4-channel, bridged to 2-channel mono powering the tower speakers
*1 4-channel: 2 channels are powering the 4 6.5's in the cockpit at 2 ohm stereo, and the other 2 channels are powering the 2 6.5's in the bow.
*1 Mono Kenwood Excelon amp powering 4 JL10W0-8's at 2 ohm mono.

Also added a Wet Sounds WS-420 eq/pre-amp
All of this is on the stock Kenwood Marine headunit. I only kept this because the helm station inserts are built around 1 remote, and another remote is on the transom.

There aren't any pics of the 2 10's under the helm, but they're in there and I still need to cut out a flush panel for them. Under the console where the amps are, I'll have a cover for the batteries that'll conceal them, and the second woofer box will sit on top of that. With this set-up I'll gain almost all of the storage space back under that console. Big enough for a full-size cooler.

I'll post updates once it's all done. Hopefully that'll be later this week.

For anyone that gets the Wet Sounds, these cans had to be cut out to make them fit. Talk about a PITA