Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Thank You All !!!!!

Hello all !
    New member here. I want to thank you all for keeping this beautiful boat alive ! I bought my first Supra in 1985 (It was a comp with a 350 Chevy) It was love at fist sight. In 1988 I had the calling to serve Uncle Sam. I sold everything. Cars, truck, motorcycle, and yes the boat. My parents had a lake house that I spent every waking hour. My best friend bought the boat and my parents said he could leave it at the lake house. GREAT... I could come home on leave and the boat would still be at the house. What could go wrong ????? Well, one four year hitch turned into another... and another... and so on. I remember the call like it was yesterday. I was over seas and thought I would call home. My dad answered the phone and said we need to talk. " We sold the lake house. " It is getting to be to much for us to take care of and we didn't know when you would come home. I asked about the boat. it was gone too. I was crushed. Why did I leave ? Why didn't they say something before now ? And yes the Supra was gone. I hung up the phone and cried. So shortly after that my parents health started to fail. I came home to care for them. Not long after they were gone too.
    Its been 19 years and during that time I never went back to the lake and never looked at another boat.

So my son-n-law just came to me and said we are thinking of getting a place on the lake and my wife said lets buy a boat !
    I never would have thought I would ever see another supra, let alone own one !!!! When I found this forum it was like a part of me had been reborn. I'm back and I thank all of you for keeping this boat alive !

Now I am looking for a 97 Comp Classic, 350, I love the red ones. I know it will be like finding a needle in a hay stack.
    But if someone knows someone or a friend of a friend please let me know. It will go to a good home.

Thanx !!!!!!

Needle in a feild of hay. They did offer a 350 chevy engine but it was speical order. 99.9% came with a 351 ford engine IMO as good if not better than the chevy.

Welcome back!

That red one in Denver looks good.
    1986 Sunsport Skier with Acme 543

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Needle in a feild of hay. They did offer a 350 chevy engine but it was speical order. 99.9% came with a 351 ford engine IMO as good if not better than the chevy.
    Not necessarily, I have a friend with a '97 Classic Comp in all red. Phone call happening today to see if he wants to sell it.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Thanx Jetlink my fingers are crossed !

Thanx Foxi ... All will be considered you guys are a big help !!!!!!

I thought we were looking for a 85 with a chevy engine ? All the late 90s and newer will have the chevy engine since they dont make the 351 ford anymore.

Jetlink.....Give me some good news !!!!

Jetlink..... You went MIA on me. Your Killing me !!!!!!