Default Replacement Speakers

Just looking for opinions on replacement boat speakers. I’m leaning towards wet sounds REVO 6 6.5” speakers although I don’t necessarily need the LED portion but they come with it. I don’t want to have to buy an amp either. So I’m wondering if anyone has a similar set-up and of it works good. The speakers I have came with the boat and when up loud enough for the surfer to hear they sometimes start to crack depending on the song. 15 year old speakers. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you clarify a couple things? You mention surfing, are these going to be tower speaker or in-boats? 2nd, so say you dont want to buy and amp. Do mean a new replacement amp or are these going to be powered on the head unit?
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    Can you clarify a couple things? You mention surfing, are these going to be tower speaker or in-boats? 2nd, so say you dont want to buy and amp. Do mean a new replacement amp or are these going to be powered on the head unit?
    In boat speakers. Powered by head unit.

I don’t want to have to buy an amp either. In boat speakers. Powered by head unit. when up loud enough for the surfer to hear they sometimes start to crack depending on the song.
    Your experience with distortion can very well go hand in hand with NOT having external amp power. Head units are historically very week in rms wattage and most tend to tun a full-range output. When turned up loud, you can easily get a clipped signal and distortion.

An external amp will supply a more powerful, more stable signal to the speakers. This not only allows then to play louder, but sound better when louder.

So I would highly suggest investing in an amp to power those new speakers. Even then, you are asking a lot for an in-boat to project outside of the boat while under way, so to be heard by a surfer.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wylietunes View Post
    Your experience with distortion can very well go hand in hand with NOT having external amp power. Head units are historically very week in rms wattage and most tend to tun a full-range output. When turned up loud, you can easily get a clipped signal and distortion.

An external amp will supply a more powerful, more stable signal to the speakers. This not only allows then to play louder, but sound better when louder.

So I would highly suggest investing in an amp to power those new speakers. Even then, you are asking a lot for an in-boat to project outside of the boat while under way, so to be heard by a surfer.

Thank you for your input. Very much appreciated.