Default water in engine compartment and bilge issues

Hi all,

We have a 2008 supra launch 20 ssv

First post. Did some searching and cannot find any info. The ballast tank valve appears to leak and allowed water (fresh) into the engine compartment. The bilge failed to turn on automatically. The light is on for the bilge on the off position but wont turn on. The other electrical all works and we used the ballast tanks to drain the water in the boat. I havent tried to start the boat yet. The alternator was def under some water but thinking it may still run when we restart.

Is there a fuse for the bilge? Would one of the breakers have gone in this situation? Anyone know how to remove the bilge or have some online resource to figure this out? The owners manual is vague on this subject.

Any thoughts or direction would be helpful

Thanks

Rob

You will not find detailed diagrams available to the public on how to repair SC boat systems. Your dealer have the online pics and part numbers.

Per the bilge, if you know how to use a multi meter, check to see if you are getting power at the Atwood pump - when you have the switch on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 08-11-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

If you have power at the pump, you probably need to replace the pump.

Or there might be something stuck in the pump (debris). If you take it out of the boat, you can try to take it apart.

Easy job to replace. Turn the power off. Cut 2 wires. Some pumps have 2 parts. There is a plastic piece that holds the pump to the bottom of the boat. Then the pump snaps into that plastic holder. Use marine butt-connectors and some heat-shrink to seal it all up

Last edited by MJHKnox; 08-11-2018 at 11:57 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

I replaced mine a few years ago. I recall the wires for the pump under the motor were brown and brown/white on my 2007 SSV.

You can follow the wiring harness from the pump up to the helm to find out where the power source is coming from. Switch/battery.

Last edited by MJHKnox; 08-12-2018 at 12:08 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Brown goes directly to the battery, white, yellow or red goes to the bilge switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Makes sense.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

2018 Supra SL400

42 bucks at Walmart.com for an Attwood 500gph bilge - snaps right into existing housing (assuming that's your stock pump) - 5 minute repair. Check breaker, if switch lights up and bilge doesn't run its seized.
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

Hi, Im new to the group and just bought a 2006 Supra Launch 24ssv. The bilge pump isn't working, so I bought the Atwood Sahara, but Im having trouble locating the pump. Can someone tell me where it is located? Im gonna try and replace it myself. thank you.

I replaced my pump last year on my 242 with above mentioned Atwood.
    Just tested mine last night by turning the knob and it activated and I saw red light come on at auto switch on dash so feel confident mine works but I’m going to blow out the hose to make sure it is all clear.
    My pump is located right by the V-Drive at shaft - starboard side - bit of a pain to reach with several of the ballast hose inputs being right next to it.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242