Default 1985 Supra Ryder

High new to this forum, I did a search probably wrong I purchased this boat last fall with boating season pretty much over and only went with the seller for test ride just put it in the water this weekend for the first time and was wondering what the water temp should run at idle the gauge reads from 100 to 240 I have no owners manual and not able to contact the person I bought it from. Boat runs good just don't want to run it to warm
    Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakester View Post
    High new to this forum, I did a search probably wrong I purchased this boat last fall with boating season pretty much over and only went with the seller for test ride just put it in the water this weekend for the first time and was wondering what the water temp should run at idle the gauge reads from 100 to 240 I have no owners manual and not able to contact the person I bought it from. Boat runs good just don't want to run it to warm
    Thanks for any help.
    Gauge should read around 160 degrees. Welcome to the Rider club.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thanks, the gauge after running for about 10 minutes or so is just to the right of 160 with the pointer hand on the 8 I think that would be 180 Degrees , has a blue mark straight up from 160 it is on the next small white dash right under the 8 past 160 Degrees I don't want to get it to warm it is factory gauge 100 160 240.
    Thanks for your help any other info would be appreciated.

The 351W should run at 160. A few years ago, under the advise of Rich at skidim, I installed a 145 degree thermostat to achieve exactly 160 on my gauge. My temp sender is at the front starboard corner of the intake.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    C Suggs