Default Newbie Supra Mariah Question

This is my first boat its a 1996 Mariah, i know its somewhat of a Unicorn, but it really is a 96 and a Supra Mariah, i even have the original manuals and sales flyer. Love the boat, the family really enjoys it, so glad we got into boating!!

My question is, when we're going through choppy water, not pounding it, just some small chop, the whole right side (helm area) seems to be moving side to side like the hull is flexing. Is this normal??

Yours is an open bow so notbquite as tight as a closed bow.
    That said, any movement should be ever so slight.
    How much movement?
    Can you be more descriptive of what you are experiencing.

Would be very surprised to have hull flex on this boat

As i mentioned it seems like the helm side of the boat is flexing, maybe its more of my chair moving then the hull? Last weekend i drove around for a bit with the walk through window closed (yes open bow) and as i went through some small waves the gap where the two windows meet moves about a quarter of an inch or so, more at the top then toward the bottom. I also hit a decent wave, not purposely, and the tow windows smacked together. I almost never drive with the window closed so hadn't noticed before. Does this seem excessive? Also, in your boat when you close the window is there a 3/8 inch or so gap between the window panes?

No gap and mine does not flex

Oh man, thats not good. Thank you.

Something isn't right, my '92 will flex but no where near that much.
    '92 Mariah
    Kwahamot

I have to admit this makes my butt pucker ! I can tell you boats flex more than you think.
    A short time after I bought my comp, and it was new, I started taking on a lot of water. Come to find out I had done one to many power turns and the top of the boat had separated from the bottom. I could stick my hand behind the rub rail at the wave decal near the rear of the boat. The rivets had pulled through. The dealer was giving me the run around so I fixed it myself. Removed the rub rail, drilled out all the rivets in the back 1/3 on both sides and replaced with low profile stainless steel bolts and loc nuts with large flat washers on the inside. Put a few extra in for good luck and a few next to the observers seat where the barefoot boom rests on the side. Just doing this alone made a huge difference in how the comp road. It almost made it to stiff.

Wow thats crazy, I haven't noticed anything like that, but once it dries up here in Texas I'll take a good look around it to see if there is any separation, and also look around the helm for cracks.

thanks again for the replies!!