Thumbs down 86 sun sport ..along time coming

Hey guys, I'm nick and I have read this thread before but never posted, bought this 86' sunspot 3 years ago for 500 bucks .. it was in bad shape, stripped her down split her in half etc etc... but I gotta say I'm quite proud of this boat, and I'm not even close to being done, but really proud to have it saved and back on the water, it's nice to know there's a crew of old skool Supra lovers out there!!! What you guys think? Opinions? ... I took photos of the rebuild process or NIGHTMARE... it was a huge challenge. All worth it ! This is my first thread, I'll post rebuild photos tonight perhaps.. your inputs and thoughts would be appreciated!IMG_0612.jpgIMG_0593.jpgIMG_0614.jpg
    Last edited by Stads22; 08-20-2018 at 12:34 PM.

Nice Boat, nice rebuild, I like the color scheme.
    Are you satisfied of those tower speakers ? I saw them on eBay and would like to propose them to a friend who wants sound without spending too much. What amplifier is behind ? Which frequencie do you highpass it ?
    Stéphane
    -----------------------
    1989 Supra Saltare

Great rebuild! Congrats. Good to see that boat on the water again. Post more pictures of the rebuild process if you can.

I will I'm outta town for work here till prolly next wed. All those photos are on my personal home computer. I'm posting currently via cell

Well about the amp.... i was under a tight budget when it came time form sound, I bought a kit with a 6 channel amp, all the wiring, and 4 tower speakers... all same brand, Rockville, I believe that's how it's spelled however, the amp brand new outta box didn't work, it would power up but not push power out to the speakers, so I can't tell you about there full potential yet, and of course the amp I purchased is outta stock so I'm waiting for the new one, in the mean time I have the boat speakers and 2 of the 4 tower speakers running straight from my head unit, so they aren't getting the power they need etc, but they do sound good.. I purchased the kit I believe around 350 bucks .

Thanks for your comments guys, and ladies

Very nice. A boat to be proud of for sure! I shared your pain this year with a full gut of my boat and bilge refurbishing including fibreglass work and paint. Looking forward to the rebuild pics!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Nice job!! That's awesome! Did you know what you where getting into when you bought it? Can't wait to see your rebuild.

Well not completely, but i read this forum 3 years ago and I was able to follow threads and then I had A pretty good idea of what to expect.. I'll post rebuild photos right away .. I'm excited to share them

Ya they are a lot of work for sure..