Default Just bought restored TS6M

First post here..
    Just picked up an 87 comp a few days ago.. been researching these for a while. I also have a 91 chris craft concept 187 that is being restored with repower.

First outing was successful, boat showed to run around 45-50mph didn't remember what tach was reading but could tell it had more rpm left in it, I did notice that it pulled very hard from standstill but the pull fell off around 3-3500 rpm...under full throttle the boat has a noticeable pull to the right !but didn't notice the pull under 3/4 throttle. After about 3 hrs on the water it did take on at least a gallon of water gonna have to track the leak down... here's pics of restorationIMG_6864.jpg
    IMG_6851.JPG
    IMG_6847.jpg

More pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can adjust the rudder torque by filing the trailing edge of the rudder. Slightly file at a 45° on the side of the rudder you wish the boat to pull to. One or two strikes makes a lot of difference. You probably need to check your packing on the prop shaft and the rudder. It was normal for these older boats to leak a little at these points. Do you know if the super traps exhaust has been changed sometimes

Default Just bought restored TS6M

Gonna see if she's sorted today, the skeg was slightly bent causing the turning issue, I'm thinking the shaft seal is leaking as the supertraps were resealed as well as swim platform bolts.. the rudder does have a little play in it, is there a serviceable seal for the rudder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In 87 supra had not standardize all of their parts. You'll have to pull the back seat and look for yourself. The rudder play is normal to a point. There was no bearing in the older rudder boxes it was brass on brass witch tend to wear after a few hundred hours.