Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2018 Supra SL 550

Hi guys,

I am excited to be taking delivery on Monday of my new 2018 SL 550 and i can't wait. Does anybody on here have any experience with the new SL? I am hoping somebody can give me an idea of what they have found the best surf settings to be? Speed, Swell system settings, wake plate etc....

I know the wave is Highly adjustable, but i typically like to find a good all around wave and set it and leave it.

I am a huge fan of Supra's and think they are an incredible boat as this is my 4th one.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions

A guy by the name of Ragboy did a good review. He owns a SE, but knows the new technology. Check out his site at Wake9.

http://wake9.com

Hit the Moomba Forum. Most of the new boats are over there.

Post some pics when you get it on the water.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

550 will be sweet!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I just took out my new SL450 today and it was fantastic. I had full ballast + 600lbs of lead. I just used Surf 1 Preset and auto wake and it worked like a charm. I did end up shifting the lead a bit more to the port side to get more the two sides more symmetrical. The auto wake is great to use to set your extra weight (people and lead) more effectively. I noticed that the system was draining a bit more ballast on the starboard side while surfing regular, so shifted some weight and could see the ballast system max out again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So maybe your head is just pointing down and the angle is funny, but that looks like a huge wake.

It’s some of both I’m sure, but the wave is huge. The regular side doesn’t seem to have the same size but I’m just starting to play around with autowake to get the best settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely post this on the Moomba forum as well, and sign up for the Facebook owners group too. Good amount of SL owners on there.

@pedel congrats and great looking boat. Demoed an SL yesterday, and the engine seemed really loud to me. Louder than what I’m used to. We were running full ballast, testing the wakes. A little quieter with the tanks empty. Are you noticing this at all with your boat? Or does engine noise seem similar to other inboards you’ve owned?

Quote Originally Posted by adamantium View Post
    @pedel congrats and great looking boat. Demoed an SL yesterday, and the engine seemed really loud to me. Louder than what I’m used to. We were running full ballast, testing the wakes. A little quieter with the tanks empty. Are you noticing this at all with your boat? Or does engine noise seem similar to other inboards you’ve owned?

I always want it more quiet...but seems comparable. I do have a surf pipe on mine which makes a difference. I just spent the day on an ri237 with a silent stinger and it seemed about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by pedel View Post
    I always want it more quiet...but seems comparable. I do have a surf pipe on mine which makes a difference. I just spent the day on an ri237 with a silent stinger and it seemed about the same.

Yep this one had a pipe on it as well. Thank you for the feedback!

I will say I was a fan of the auto wake as well. It eliminated the port side wash we were experiencing without it turned on.