Default sudden transmission noise

Hi all
    I have a 91 ts6m with pcm1;23;1 trans.
    Been skiing all summer and no problems whatsoever until the other day started boat cold and trans whined for a few seconds then went and was fine all day.Next time started cold on drive and did same thing.Was never there before last 2 cold starts and stops noise after few seconds,almost as if something is getting up to pressure then fine.
    As far as i can tell no leaks and fluid clean and works fine all day after initial cold start.
    Any ideas if something is on the way out?
    Also has anyone got idea of what trans level should be on stick cold as such a pain to check when out on water and also fluid is so clean its really hard to see.
    Thanks dave

Quote Originally Posted by adave View Post
    Hi all
    I have a 91 ts6m with pcm1;23;1 trans.
    Been skiing all summer and no problems whatsoever until the other day started boat cold and trans whined for a few seconds then went and was fine all day.Next time started cold on drive and did same thing.Was never there before last 2 cold starts and stops noise after few seconds,almost as if something is getting up to pressure then fine.
    As far as i can tell no leaks and fluid clean and works fine all day after initial cold start.
    Any ideas if something is on the way out?
    Also has anyone got idea of what trans level should be on stick cold as such a pain to check when out on water and also fluid is so clean its really hard to see.
    Thanks dave
    Sounds like your damper plate may need yo be replaced in your transmission. Had to do mine several years ago.
    As for checking fluid ,when on the lake your boat is level .
    Pull the stick, wipe it, reinsert it and pull again quickly laying the bottom stem horizontally on a clean paper towel .
    The stain left on the white towel surface will give you an idea of the depth of your fluid. Compare that against the depth on the stick from bottom of stick to full mark.

What kind of fluid are you using? My 89 has been making a similar noise on cold starts for as long as I can remember[I bought it new] never had any drive problems. I painted the dip stick black so I could see the level better.

Default Reader

Sudden transmission noise come. When its come in that time i just start to write some material which is according to the uk assignment writers. So some of the place we are just mention those things which are new in this time. So make these things more good if you can.