Default Updated Decals *Pics*

The original flames were not really my thing, so I finally decided to update them. I got the decals from www.racelinedigital.com and the SUPRA lettering from www.domednumbers.com.

Both companies were great to work with!

Chris, from racelinedigital, was very responsive and sent me several photo proofs. In the end, I went with AP-006 with the dark charcoal metallic. Total for those decals were $185. It was a bit tough to get the decals on flat because of the hull curvature, but after several repositions, the results were excellent! I used 3M edge sealer on all the corners and narrow parts to prevent peeling. One of the great things with the design I got is that there are no decals where a wake surf attachment would go. I had issues with the factory decals because it was right where the tab would attach, and I was very limited in the attachment positions. With the new decals, I was able to position the tab so that I can finally surf without a rope! During install, I unfortunately had a tear while I was removing the backing (my fault). Raceline digital is able to recut just the particular element for me and only required a shipping charge. I'm still waiting on it at the moment, but I'll update the thread once I get it installed.

Domednumbers was also great. I ordered the 5" SUPRA logos with black chrome letters and orange outline. Total for the SUPRA lettering was $270. I decided to install them in a slant to give it more "pop." I installed them directly on top of the racelinedigital decals. I know the best way is supposed to be to cut the decals underneath so the SUPRA decals lay flat, but the factory decals were overlayed on the flame decals too, and they never budged for 11 years. I decided not to use edge sealer on the letters partly because I thought it wouldn't be an issue. I was wrong. On the first run on the lake, I lost the "A" on the starboard side. I contacted domed numbers to see if I could buy a replacement "A," and they immediately put in an order to send me a free replacement; no charge for shipping or anything. They even asked me to check if any other letters were loose. I received it about a week or so later, and then I 3M edge sealed all the letters. I hadn't been back on the lake since, but hopefully it'll do the trick.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased with the results! If you're thinking of doing the same and are nervous, I don't blame you. For the record, the original decals came off VERY easily. I just used a plastic razor blade to peel an edge, then put a heat gun up to it with one hand, and pulled it off with the other hand. They peeled off like a sticker on a piece of fruit. I then used oxidation remover, polish, and wax. If you looked hard, there was a little ghosting, but it was really un-noticeable. Now the boat looks exactly like how I want it. Not bad for $455! It now looks like something from 2018 rather than a 1930's hot rod (no offense if that's your thing.. to each their own). Anyways, enjoy the pics!

Original Decals

All Decals Removed

RacelineDigital Decals Only - Some photos don't show the decals very well because of the light. They are a lot more obvious in person!

Pics to be continued due to picture limits per post.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Raceline Digital Decals Only (continued): Again, the decals are lot more obvious in person. Somehow the light just didn't pick them up well in the pics.

Raceline Digital Decals Only (continued):

All Decals Installed:

All Decals Installed:

All New Decals:

All New Decals:

Looks good

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk