Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Cool ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Search for “cracked block” here or on the Moomba Forum. Betting they did not drain water.

2018 Supra SL400

I used the bucket method on my Rider. Never pulled a one plug in my life. Just ran antifreeze through motor and never had an issue.

On 242 however, takes me 40 min to winterize with draining the block and hoses. I don't add any antifreeze as in Hunter's step 4.
    Two seasons so far and no issues either.

Both stored indoors and GA winters aren't like the north so going to the extreme here is not my thing.

My advice is do it your way and do whatever your are comfortable with that makes it so you can sleep at night.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I did crack a v6 block one year but I built this for that boat...

Quote Originally Posted by 87TSComp View Post
    While pumping antifreeze let exhaust water run on ground until pure antifreeze is seen then put buckets under exhaust, then you can run the engine as long as you want as often as you want
    Antifreeze will not enter a cold block ( it will bypass it and flow directly thru the exhaust manifold and out the mufflers and exhaust) and there may be 2 gallons of water in the block. No antifreeze will enter a block untill it is up to temp and then the thermostat only begins to allow hot water to escape and plumbing antifreeze will then start to dilute the block water. Again , you will need 10x the amount of antifreeze or 20 gallons to achieve a freeze protection of -30. Drain your block or crack you block. I write this not for comp but anyone who was thinking of using this method.
    Last edited by docdrs; 10-01-2018 at 03:12 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Antifreeze will not enter a cold block ( it will bypass it and flow directly thru the exhaust manifold and out the mufflers and exhaust) and there may be 2 gallons of water in the block. No antifreeze will enter a block untill it is up to temp and then the thermostat only begins to allow hot water to escape and plumbing antifreeze will then start to dilute the block water. Again , you will need 10x the amount of antifreeze or 20 gallons to achieve a freeze protection of -30. Drain your block or crack you block. I write this not for comp but anyone who was thinking of using this method.
    Ha Ha. You need to trademark that: "Drain your block or crack you block"
    2018 Supra SL400

I maybe get 1/2 a gallon of fluid out the exhaust before the thermostat opens???

I forgot to mention the low in East Texas winters is usually no lower than 25 degrees.

Also is it easier to drain block and get all 5 gallons of water out or take the thermostat out?

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Minus 30?? Good grief, I would move immediately!!

Climate controlled building is easiest way to winterize it I found out. Do nothing at all.
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 10-01-2018 at 10:01 PM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242