Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Easy $25 winterizing plan for TS6M

This year I will be winterizing as follows
    Two 5 gal buckets, one under each exhaust, one $15 electric fuel Pump from autozone. $10 for 2-Bulkhead fittings, 1-T or Y fitting, 7-hose clamps. Drill one hole each in the bottom/side of buckets. Install a bulkhead fitting and old water hose. "T" or "Y" together buckets, install fuel Pump inline, connect water hose to your inlet plunger. Run some wire to your battery, Fill both buckets halfway with antifreeze... With this system you can run the engine for an extended amount of time. Pics for pleasure.. I will post up pics and vid when I do winterize. Still 94 degrees and lovely weather in East Texas...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 87TSComp; 11-14-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Should be say too early for TX.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Yes we still have 2 months left in the season

Yes definitely post up more pictures of the comp. looking good.

Here's some more pics, planning on doing a few engine mods over the winter. Got Gator Step coming for the swim deck and a KnobWorx throttle knob in the works...

Here's my swim deck proof, and the the style throttle knob I got in the works..

1- pull 5 drain plugs drain all water from engine .
    2- pull hoses off raw water pump drain trans cooler and raw water pump.
    3- reinstall all drain plugs
    4- bend upper raw water pump hose up install funnel add antifreeze untill it comes out the exhaust.

Sorry for hi-jack, didn’t see your original post and couldn’t resist Comp eye candy. Trailer refurb and all. +++

Have winterized many ways of the years but must say Mr. Hunter’s above is fool-proof.

Quote Originally Posted by 87TSComp View Post
    This year I will be winterizing as follows
    Two 5 gal buckets, one under each exhaust, one $15 electric fuel Pump from autozone. $10 for 2-Bulkhead fittings, 1-T or Y fitting, 7-hose clamps. Drill one hole each in the bottom/side of buckets. Install a bulkhead fitting and old water hose. "T" or "Y" together buckets, install fuel Pump inline, connect water hose to your inlet plunger. Run some wire to your battery, Fill both buckets halfway with antifreeze... With this system you can run the engine for an extended amount of time. Pics for pleasure.. I will post up pics and vid when I do winterize. Still 94 degrees and lovely weather in East Texas...

If water is not drained from the block , lines and mufflers this method will in no way winterize an engine. The amount of dilution will effectively render the plumbing antifreeze useless. It would require roughly 45 gallons of antifreeze to provide any effective freeze protection. Please refer to mr hunters outline above.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

While pumping antifreeze let exhaust water run on ground until pure antifreeze is seen then put buckets under exhaust, then you can run the engine as long as you want as often as you want