Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
It takes me 15 min. just to find all my tools. Mr. Hunter probably keeps a Swiss army knife in his shorts when he skis for such occasion.
Unfortunately, I have to remove ballast bags first to get to motor access. Then contort my body while laying in the fetal position in rear lockers while I say a few choice words and ponder why I don't just connect my bucket and fill her up with antifreeze like I did my Rider for so many years to much success.

Thanks for posting pics. Very nice job on this boat. It is very inspiring to see someone with a vision and carry it out to such perfection. I like it!!!

Just don't crack the block or this forum will be relentless.
Interesting. I have a 2008 Moomba XLV and I can totally winterize w/o removing my rear 1100 ballast bags. I work on my engine ALL THE TIME with my bags still in. Getting to any of my plugs only requires kneeling on my folded down divider panels (I put my throw cushion on it to save my knees). While I'm at it, I typically change the oil too. It's all right there. No laying down required ever. I can't imagine your 2012 is that different than my 08 in layout, is it?

That said, I get way more winter in WA than you do in GA and I simply drain the block, remove a couple hoses, drain the muffler, disconnect the hose that couples the exhaust risers, disconnect the hoses going to/from the heater and blow air through everything with my air compressor. Reinstall all plugs and hoses and get ready for spring. No antifreeze in my system. If the block's empty, there's nothing to freeze.