Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 87TSComp View Post
    I maybe get 1/2 a gallon of fluid out the exhaust before the thermostat opens???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that a statement or a question? the tstat won't begin to open until the temp gets up to 160 which takes a considerable amount of time.you are kidding yourself you are actually protecting yourself. why not just do it the proper way? It does not take any longer!!!!!!!

you can do what you want but in no way think you are doing it correctly because you only get down to 25 degrees. You can't put out a blanket statement and feel its good for everyone. its this stuff that gives people a false sense of security until they have a 15000 motor repair bill,
    Last edited by docdrs; 10-01-2018 at 11:33 PM.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

A previous poster said with my system I would be pumping the antifreeze and it would be bypassing out of the exhaust until the Tstat opened, thus contaminating my 10 gallons of antifreeze with 5 gal of water.
    The other day when I ran the boat on the hose I got maybe 1/2 a gal out the exhaust in the 3-4 minutes it took to open tstat. Thus I wouldn't have to worry about contaminating my antifreeze. Just run it till I get antifreeze out the exhaust then put the buckets under or take tstat out...

A previous poster said with my system I would be pumping the antifreeze and it would be bypassing out of the exhaust until the Tstat opened, thus contaminating my 10 gallons of antifreeze with 5 gal of water.
    The other day when I ran the boat on the hose I got maybe 1/2 a gal out the exhaust in the 3-4 minutes it took to open tstat. Thus I wouldn't have to worry about contaminating my antifreeze. Just run it till I get antifreeze out the exhaust then put the buckets under or take tstat out...
    it takes way more time to take the tstat out than drain the block and 10 gallons of antifreeze is like $40 ....this makes no sense ... plus it takes a good 10-15 mins to get my temp up to 160 and way more than 1/2 gallon.........why why why, no worries, i deal with -40 temps so call yourself lucky
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Here is the problem . If the engine was a hose your method would work great . An engine has all kinds of passages, nooks and dead spots for water to get trapped in . Water will follow the path of less resistance . Its very possible for the antifreeze to just go over a dead spot or passage because its easier to flow around it. So how can you be absoloutly sure all the water has mixed with the antifreeze? If it dosn't mix it will freeze. I dont see what the problem is especially on a comp it takes 10 min to drain the water . The whole job takes 15 minutes . I live in GA all my boats are stored in a non heated pole barn. I have never seen the inside temp below freezing even with out heat so I could get by without winterizing at all. I still winterize all four of them So I gotta ask " Do you feel lucky today".

This thread cracks me up!

Just show more pics of that beautiful boat.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Lol my main reasoning behind all this is to have an excuse to fire her up weekly in the winter...

I have to admit....the boat does look kickass......curious, is that new black gel coat or is it paint?
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief IV View Post
    This thread cracks me up!

Just show more pics of that beautiful boat.
    This topic invariably comes up at least once a year at the end of the season. The Comp takes all of five to seven minutes to drain if you lay out all the tools and go like hell and hope that you do not miss anything. Mr. Hunter's timeline is a better one to gauge off of though as I use the time to go over the entire engine and transmission to just check for anything that might need attention due to another season of "minimal" use.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

The boat was completely repainted, the bottom color is a very dark blue, synergy green and metallic silver.. all GM colors , supra graphics are paint as well..

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    This topic invariably comes up at least once a year at the end of the season. The Comp takes all of five to seven minutes to drain if you lay out all the tools and go like hell and hope that you do not miss anything. Mr. Hunter's timeline is a better one to gauge off of though as I use the time to go over the entire engine and transmission to just check for anything that might need attention due to another season of "minimal" use.
    It takes me 15 min. just to find all my tools. Mr. Hunter probably keeps a Swiss army knife in his shorts when he skis for such occasion.
    Unfortunately, I have to remove ballast bags first to get to motor access. Then contort my body while laying in the fetal position in rear lockers while I say a few choice words and ponder why I don't just connect my bucket and fill her up with antifreeze like I did my Rider for so many years to much success.

The boat was completely repainted, the bottom color is a very dark blue, synergy green and metallic silver.. all GM colors , supra graphics are paint as well..
    Thanks for posting pics. Very nice job on this boat. It is very inspiring to see someone with a vision and carry it out to such perfection. I like it!!!

Just don't crack the block or this forum will be relentless.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242