Default Party Lake Ideas

Just picking everyone's brain. A few friends an I want to plan a trip to a lake that's possibly 6-8hr drive from Maryland. We're looking for something close so we can tow our rigs unless its possible to rent a ski/wake boat for a day then I'd say were open to more. Also would like to have a party town/city within Uber distance. Please send me some ideas.

Lake Norman in Charlotte NC. Great Lake. Depending on where you stay on the lake, you are probably 30 miles north of dtown Charlotte. 45-60 mins drive.
    2018 Supra SL400

Knoxville TN is probably at your 8 hour max. There are 2 lakes in the area - Fort Loudon Lake and Tellico Lake. 30 Minute Drive to Dtown Knoxville. Dtown in on the waterfront. Plus, you could visit the SC plant on one of your days. There are other lakes also, but you would not be close to dtown - Norris Lake (closer the KY Boarder) and Douglas Lake (closer to Piegon Forge and Gatlinburg)

Chattanooga TN is another 1.5 - 2 hours south. River is right on the dtown area and then heads to the gorge. Not exactly a big dtown party place, but has life.

Nashville TN is about 2-3 hours from Knoxville. Several areas there - Percy Priest Lake is (east of dtown) and Cumberland River goes past dtown. That is one of the biggest party places in TN. Live music of all kinds.
    2018 Supra SL400

KY (Lake Cumberland) and VA (Smith Mountain Lake) have good lakes, but nothing is close to a bigger city if you are looking for a party town.

But that also depends on your definition of 'party town' and how big of a city you are looking for - like Roanoke, VA - probably 100+K population.
    2018 Supra SL400