Default 91 sunsport surf

I notice a few people in here have a 91 sunsport. I am new to the sport. I was wondering if anyone put a ballast bag in the ski locker above fuel tank? If so what size and how many pounds?

Thanks in advance.

You will need to restructure the compartment to handle the weight .

i did once, a friend's Straightline Big Bag 275lb'er because it's long and narrow. it won't fill up all the way--i'd say it probably only took 150lbs or so before the locker wouldn't close.

it's probably just easier to keep that storage space and get 200lbs or so of lead that you can throw under one of the corner seats.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

We have a 91 sunsport and have surfed it. We put a bag in the ski locker. I cant remember how much weight it is but if you contact Wake Makers they can help you with that. I reinforced my ski locker years ago because it was generally weak and cracked. So you'll probably have to do as Michael Hunter suggests. My experience so far with surfing these old boats is 1. It's a PITA filling all those bags manually. Takes my wife and I about 30 mins and we have 3 pumps going at the same time. 2. The bags take up all the room in the boat. Getting the rider in and out is a pain! 3. These boats have WOOD FLOORS AND STRINGERS! As careful as I am, I have had bags do things I didn't expect and have had 8 inches of water in the the back of the boat. ARG!
    So, yes it can be done and you can have a great time with a nice wave. No mater what you do, it will never have the wave of a more modern boat and your boat will deteriorate prematurely. Just my 2 cents. Have fun!
    1991 SunSport

the best thing you can do is get a ronix eight.3 system, or i think sumo has a high-gph pump system now as well. my 800lb bags fill and drain in just over 3 minutes with the eight.3 3700gph pump.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!