Default SR vs. Moomba Craz

So I posted this on the Moomba forum but did not get much input. Hoping to get a little here.

So, I know different boats, fit, finish and tech but I am really looking for info on how my 2016 Craz stacks up to a 2019 SR surf wave. I have been gently playing with the idea of upgrading to an SR (the SA may be a touch big for my garage with our Escalade in it and it obviously a bit more expensive).

I have my craz pretty dialed in for what it is. I am running 1100s in the back, 500# lead and it varies how many people. Will the new tech in the 2019 SR make a better wave than what my craz has or is it pretty negligible in terms of difference?

I have a 2016 SA on demo. Only stock weight in it with 2 passengers but the wave was actually a touch smaller than my Craz, but i know its insane when really sacked out.

Basically, is an upgrade from a 2016 craz to a 2019 SR worth it. Any insight would help!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

There is a guy on the Facebook page that was posting his SR surf pics the other day. Looked good, had 350-400# of lead, 4-6 people. The boat was not a 2019.

I have not seen anything posted (pics or reviews) on the new SR. Most Supra talk is about the SL, SA, or new SE.

Moomba vs Supra: Supra based on the new 2019 technology. Then factor in the nicer fit/finish. Easy-peasy.

2019 SA vs SR: SA for sure. Interior room and the potential of what the boat can do outside of stock weight. Not sure what the $$ difference is. 19s got that price hike.

More activity over on the Moomba site for new boats.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

For the garage space, the SR with platform removed and tongue folded is right about 22'. That was not the 2019.

2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    For the garage space, the SR with platform removed and tongue folded is right about 22'. That was not the 2019.

I have a tandem so the total depth isnt an issue, its more how the SA nose is SO wide that i may not be able to open my Escalade door next to it which is a deal breaker. My craz now leaves just enough room, but i guess i would need to test fit an SA to be sure. But i think im gathering that from my craz, its an SA or bust....

Yep, for some reason I still like the pointed nose on the SG.

Never thought about how wide the nose would be SR vs SA.

SA owners appear to be pretty happy, but they eventually move up to the SL or SE.
    I guess the bigger>better thing.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Yep, for some reason I still like the pointed nose on the SG.

Never thought about how wide the nose would be SR vs SA.

SA owners appear to be pretty happy, but they eventually move up to the SL or SE.
    I guess the bigger>better thing.
    My craz is actually plenty big. A change would really come down to how much better the wave would be

I agree. Leaving a dialed-in boat is rough.

Take your surf board with you on th demo.

The dealer better be up on his game and know how to create a good wake for you.

2018 Supra SL400

I am about to pull the trigger on a sr as well coming from an axis a24 2017. I just can't find any info with regards to the wake for surfing