Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1991 Supra Comp

Supra awesome! Great job Foxriverat, Hunter and Mischief. So happy you’all found a big sis for us! I think she will make Supra forum history by the time your done with it.

Absolute steal, way to go D!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

She needs a lot of cleaning and love but the bones are there .I'm sure Danial will give her what she needs.

Default 1991 Supra Comp

Quick update: A few days away from grabbing this Comp. I bought it back around Christmas but has been still sitting on the lift waiting to be recovered. Lake is finally up enough to pull but I needed a trailer to get it home so I bought the trailer from Mr. Hunter that he bought in Orlando last year from the thread here.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ighlight=ferns. You can see before pics there and I may post a few also.

I just did a quicky spray paint job with some primer and white after pressure washing and grinding a few rust spots to clean it up since I will be storing the Comp for awhile before I begin to restore. Eventually, I will media blast the trailer and have it painted all red...professionally. However, it is now safe and road ready with new wood on bunks and fenders, new carpet, new bow stop, new swivel jack, new winch, new safety chains, new LED lighting, new PVC guide posts, and all stainless steel hardware. The tires were brand new and have DOT date of April of '16 which still have knobs on them which saved me a few hundred from the start.

I picked this trailer up for $400.00 bucks and subsequently put $470 bucks into fixing it up with the majority of that being LED lighting and very nice 20 ounce bunk carpet with rubber backing. I went ahead and added two additional lights to rear for safety reasons since the location of originals was blocked by the guide poles. It will do the job for now and then I will post up more on boat when I get it home and can start to dissect it.

Before Pics:

Last edited by Mischief IV; 03-27-2019 at 12:19 PM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default Trailer Restore

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default 1991 Comp - Finally comes home

Thursday ended up being the perfect day to go grab the Comp. We have a friend that lives just up the road on the same lake where the Comp was located and had just de-winterized her Nautique and so happened she called and said we could use it.
    I took off mid-afternoon and made the 2. 5 hour drive up to NE GA and arrived at the marina with the trailer. I waited on forum member NGAVCHRIS who grabbed the Nautique 210 at friend's house and then came my way to pick me up.
    Once we arrived at Comp, we went through the boat and cleaned out the previous owner's stuff.
    We dropped it in the lake and noticed right away that lots of water was coming in. We had checked all the plugs prior so knew that wasn't the issue. We then pulled the back floor and found water flowing in by prop shaft. Of course I brought a bag of tools but I left them in truck waiting at marina, so we had to scramble to find a solution to fix. Once we lifted back up on hoist, first I hooked up the battery and tested the bilge pump to see if it worked and then by luck, NGAVCHRIS found a tube of Chap-Aid which he used to fill the leak pushing the lip balm up into the gap. He then took a plastic bag and rolled it up tight and then tied it around the shaft pushing into the same gap. We lowered the boat back in the water to test our McGyver make do and it was working wonderfully. After 45 min tow, we made it to the marina successfully and with not much water in bilge.

We made it back to the marina at sunset while we walked the boat around the docks until I was able to winch it up on the trailer in the frigid water. Once out, we fastened two straps around entire boat to secure to trailer and keep the old crappy rubrail from flailing around while driving home. The trailer did a great job and I made it home safe and sound with the new LED lighting playing a huge part in that.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default 1991 Comp - Finally comes home

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider