Time to update the Comp thread as well while I am at home for once. Stored it outside covered for close to a year. The squirrels were trying to find a new home but did not succeed thankfully. I got her in the garage for a few days when we had lots and lots of rain back in February and began stripping her down a bit. Decided to start with the wet sand, buff and gelcoat after having found a great shop to do my 242. So, off came the striping.
Miserable work. Blue stripe came off easily, the rest gave me a run for my money. Then I took off the rub rail and started to undress her by removing the back seat and captain's chair along with the side upholstery. Took off any accessory, light or gator step pad that would prohibit a clean renewal on the gelcoat. I had 3 straight days with it and maybe spent 20 - 22 hours of prep time. I didn't completely get all the sticky off before running it to the shop because my fingers were dull and numb but I was close. She was red at some point so we'll have to see just how good she bounces back after all that oxidation.