Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 1991 Supra Comp

Nice boat, I just picked up a 92 TS6m last April in about the same condition and decided to restore it also. These are some cool boats and look great in the water.
    I wish I had taken more pictures now, I have a few that I will post as soon as I can get to them again.20200415_124030.jpg
    Last edited by jimray1010; 12-04-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Last edited by jimray1010; 12-04-2020 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jimray1010 View Post
    Nice boat, I just picked up a 92 TS6m last April in about the same condition and decided to restore it also. These are some cool boats and look great in the water.
    Thank you. Will have more pics posted soon once it returns from the upholstery shop. Gonna have to get back on my trailer to bring it up to par with the boat.

Glad you are restoring this one. Very nice purchase. I like that you have the original trailer. Is this still a NY boat? Exterior looks pretty good but what happened to the interior? I don't think I will have to pull my motor and dash like you are doing. How's the windshield look on it? Any cracks or delamination? If I may ask, what did you pay for this one?

Michael Hunter restored the sister boat to yours. Here's the link below showing some pics. He has another thread somewhere when he did the work. I know he still uses this boat daily so not for sale anymore I reckon but anyway just showing you how it came out.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ight=1992+comp

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Yes its still a New York boat. I had the hull wet sanded and buffed, came out pretty good it still has some scratches in it but doesnt look to bad. The interior had a bunch of cracks and tears in it and vinyl was hard, no cover when I bought it, so I had a lady recover it. Previous owners didnt take very good care of it. Muffler had a hole in it so alot of exhaust was in the bilge. Dash panels were cracked badly and gauges were not readable. The windshield has 1 small crack in starboard corner and is starting to delaminate some. Its going back together nicely.

I traded some work for the boat so I didnt really buy it. Worked out good for me.

20201217_153111.jpg A few more pictures

Great looking boat and motor, jimray1010. I have an indmar on mine which I like just fine but the PCM with the red pop looks especially badass.
    2002 Supra Legacy
    1991 Alumacraft Lunker
    Old Town Discovery canoe

I currently own 6 boats 5 inboards 1 pontoon . The 92 comp is by far our favorite . My wife is more into slalom skiing and air chair and I really enjoy driving the comp like a ferrari on water.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I currently own 6 boats, 5 inboards 1 pontoon.
    Did you know if we did a reunion just between the two of us, we'd have 11 boats; 9 inboards with 2 pontoons...and a jet ski?

Would make for a great photo op and...glad I'm not the only one with an addiction.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242