Default 1991 Supra Comp

Chauncey 2000 Malibu Response LX Monsoon 325

I think its a typo.......15000
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    I think its a typo.......15000
    No, $1500 or "best offer." I have spoken with the owner and I am scheduled to go to look at it. It is very near to my house. Tranny is shot and boat is showing its age but only 800 hours on motor. Prime for restoration with typical wear and tear. Been on a lift its whole life, no trailer.

NoWake has a '91 Comp with composite stringers...crossing my fingers as owner states the stringers are fine. I have more pics and will keep ya'll posted.

Great find Foxriverat!!
    Last edited by Mischief IV; 12-22-2018 at 04:42 PM.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Thats an awesome deal then............
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Default Sold!!

Quote Originally Posted by docdrs View Post
    Thats an awesome deal then............
    I'm happy to announce this Comp has found a new home. Snagged it up for $1250.00 and definitely believe I got a great deal. Probably a Christmas gift I didn't need, but couldn't pass it up once I saw it in person and never found an ounce of rot. All the engine and pylon bolts were tight and floor was solid from forward to aft. She's not the prettiest girl at the prom, but she's all there and just needs some Mischief IV TLC.

Also, happy to report she is definitely a sister boat to NoWake's Comp and produced just 6 ahead of his, having the production number 149 to his 155 as both were built in January of 1991. Neither boats confirmed to be 100% composite but just a few months away from the change over at the time of their construction and this boat was rode hard and put away wet and yet, found no rot. Seat bases are all composite except for drivers seat but it was in great shape.

Thanks to Michael Hunter for going with me and helping with the inspection process and for also selling me a trailer so I can haul it off once the water comes back up. I know he would have liked to get his hands on this boat and I highly value his opinion when it comes to suggestions for repair.

This boat has spent its entire life on a lift with the same owner since new. Engine shows 801 hours.

Of course, the 1.23:1 tranny is shot so she's not running currently but I have a lead on a good used tranny (will compare costs against rebuild first) and hope to fix when I have a chance.

Since ad is down, will add a few pics shortly so everyone can see it.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Absolute steal, way to go D!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    '92 Comp ts6m - 5.8 PCM Pro Boss Carb
    '02 Launch SS - 5.7 Indmar Assualt TBI

She needs a lot of cleaning and love but the bones are there .I'm sure Danial will give her what she needs.

Default 1991 Supra Comp

Quick update: A few days away from grabbing this Comp. I bought it back around Christmas but has been still sitting on the lift waiting to be recovered. Lake is finally up enough to pull but I needed a trailer to get it home so I bought the trailer from Mr. Hunter that he bought in Orlando last year from the thread here.

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...ighlight=ferns. You can see before pics there and I may post a few also.

I just did a quicky spray paint job with some primer and white after pressure washing and grinding a few rust spots to clean it up since I will be storing the Comp for awhile before I begin to restore. Eventually, I will media blast the trailer and have it painted all red...professionally. However, it is now safe and road ready with new wood on bunks and fenders, new carpet, new bow stop, new swivel jack, new winch, new safety chains, new LED lighting, new PVC guide posts, and all stainless steel hardware. The tires were brand new and have DOT date of April of '16 which still have knobs on them which saved me a few hundred from the start.

I picked this trailer up for $400.00 bucks and subsequently put $470 bucks into fixing it up with the majority of that being LED lighting and very nice 20 ounce bunk carpet with rubber backing. I went ahead and added two additional lights to rear for safety reasons since the location of originals was blocked by the guide poles. It will do the job for now and then I will post up more on boat when I get it home and can start to dissect it.

Before Pics:

Last edited by Mischief IV; 03-27-2019 at 12:19 PM.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder