Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 1991 Supra Comp

Whats up with the Nauti it looks like it was stored under a tree without a cover?

Great Mcgyver, nothing like the adrenaline rush you get being out in a boat just before dusk knowing the water temp is in the 50’s and you may lose a boat and suffer a nice hypothermic insult or death. Reminds me that we are still running the original 28 yr old bilge in the comp. we do carry a back up on board just in case though. Love seeing those picks.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Whats up with the Nauti it looks like it was stored under a tree without a cover?
    It is stored in a boathouse but hasn't had its annual cleaning. Bit of mildew on the seats. The rich look at these boats as a commodity, not as a love affair, so they don't maintain them themselves like we would. They sit on a lift and make a call to the local marina to get winterized/ de-winterized on the spot and then left uncovered for the season in a boathouse full of spiders.
    If they fail, tomorrow they write a check for the repair bill or go buy another one. You can see the neglect on the Comp but for 25 years it did the job they wanted it to do. This Nauti was impeccable two years ago, today, not so much. You would cry if I showed you the scratches on the sides...I almost did.

Quote Originally Posted by NoWake View Post
    Great Mcgyver, nothing like the adrenaline rush you get being out in a boat just before dusk knowing the water temp is in the 50’s and you may lose a boat and suffer a nice hypothermic insult or death. Reminds me that we are still running the original 28 yr old bilge in the comp. we do carry a back up on board just in case though. Love seeing those picks.
    Holy crap, 28 year old bilge pump? Things used to be built better I guess but using that boat twice a year doesn't hurt either I bet.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default Cleaning up the mess.

I spent the weekend cleaning up the Comp best I could. Started with a pressure wash and then on to the interior. Made me sick touching some of the filth. Was hoping to make run but haven't had a chance and with cooler weather dropping in along with the pollen, I decided to keep her in the garage for now.

I got the wave decal residue off the sides and you can clearly see this boat is red and not pink so I have something to work towards once I start to wetsand the exterior. I also took off the rubrail insert that had failed and cleaned off the tape they had holding it on. I took a few decals off the windshield that didn't add any value for me.

The dash is in good order and looks pretty good in my opinion for its age. After charging the battery, I took some time to test all the switches seeing what works and what doesn't. The gauges flickered when I turned the key over and were all backlit.
    Surprisingly, all the lighting seems to be in good order from anchor lights to the courtesy lights under the OB seat. These breaker switches suck as they are hard to press and reset or turn off so I will need to look at replacements down the road. Found out the boat was radio delete from the factory. I may add one down the road.

The upholstery is really worn and not having much success getting the dark black stains off but I scrubbed as hard as I could and even tried a Magic Eraser to no avail. It is what it is for the moment and at least I can sit in the seats and not feel yucky. I'll continue to scrub but the engine is worse as far as dirt and grime. Continue to update as possible.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default Cleaning up the mess.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I will catch slack for saying this but all rules are out when trying to clean 28 yr white vinyl, it either gets clean or your in for replacement. I remember not only the magic eraser but lots of sun, soft scrub and Clorox cleanup. I went with the no “icky” feeling and got lucky.

Mischief...... Are the seat cushions and rear storage lid bottom plastic ? It looks like it in your pix. Are the seat backs and driver seat made the same ? Mine are wood. I need all new stuff.
    HELP !!!!!

I'm jealous of the back storage area being plastic instead of carpet. Can't seem to keep that compartment dry in the summer.

Default 1991 Comp

Quote Originally Posted by etktryd View Post
    Mischief...... Are the seat cushions and rear storage lid bottom plastic ? It looks like it in your pix. Are the seat backs and driver seat made the same ? Mine are wood. I need all new stuff.
    HELP !!!!!
    Yes, so far all the seat bases are plastic.

I thought you wanted a '97 model with a 350 Chevy? What did you end up buying? Or was this an existing boat?

Quote Originally Posted by hoop46 View Post
    I'm jealous of the back storage area being plastic instead of carpet. Can't seem to keep that compartment dry in the summer.
    Yeah, that was the easiest thing I've had to clean so far but I know the feeling as my Sunsport 242 has carpet where the ballast bags are. I'd like to meet the genius who thought that was a good idea.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default 1991 Comp

Few more pics of nothing special. I was vacuuming out the bow storage and found the interior light. Then found where the head unit for the stereo was prewired to along with four speakers.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242