Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Good morning from DHL! I can't get my photo to upload service is spotty where we are tied up this morning. we've got the hatches battened down for some ugly weather today anyway...

Sunset (where this event is based) has one of the best options for sit down dining on the lake, don't miss that. Mike's landing (name of the restaurant at Sulfur Creek Marina) is one of favorites. It has a little more of a sports bar feel (still perfectly kid friendly though) with frequent live music in the evenings. That is also where we will be staying that weekend so keep an eye out for my silver metal flake and blue Moomba there in the evenings. Eastport is great for lunch and is kind of the outpost Waaay up the river behind Sunset - a pretty cool ride. Don't miss a stop at Willow Grove either, it's like the country general store on the water. Ice cream, souvenirs, boat parts, groceries, everything! Their gas is usually somehow slightly cheaper but they don't usually have premium if you're in a newer boat that requires it. I'm pretty sure Cedar Hill still does the breakfast buffet at the marina restaurant, and all you can eat catfish dinner!

Lots of options! You can't go wrong!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Thanks for all this info Korey. Great to have a local lead us in the right direction. Have a good week up there.

Can't wait to get out on DHL in a few.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

NO problem! The weather is pretty crappy here today, so the cover is on the Moomba and I just made a run to Willow Grove in the Alumacraft for oil change supplies. Doing a little houseboat maintenance while we can't play!

I love getting out on the water in bad weather in a boat that I don't care about keeping clean!
    Korey Morris -
    Sold to Arkansas: 1986 Supra Saltare
    Current: 2018 Moomba Craz

Default Order Your 2019 Southern Supra Reunion T-shirt Now!

Order Now!! 2019 Southern Supra Reunion T-shirt. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt

Ok guys, I finally have the design to post for the Southern Supra Reunion which is quickly upon us. It is just three weeks away .
    You have ONE WEEK to get your orders in so don't delay.

You don't have to attend the reunion to order a shirt. Please, order one if you like the shirt. Every year after the reunion, I get many emails asking if there are any extra T-shirts and the answer is always no. The quantity we print are based on the emails you guys send to us prior to the event. Remember, our event is not sponsored by Supra and we don't do this for income purposes.
    We do this for fun and to add a nice Supra shirt to our collection.
    The best way to let us know you that you like this year's design, is to purchase a few for yourself or the family.

The shirts will be Heather Gray this year with a 3 color print (first time for 3 color - red, white and blue) as shown below. (NOTE: the shirt color is much prettier than this computer representation)

Changes this year....offering two new sizes. Adult Extra Small and Adult 4XL. No upcharge for larger sizes as in years past. Shirts will be one price and one price only.

All shirts are ADULT sizes.

XtraSmall, Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2L, 3XL and 4XL. Price is $20.00 for any size shirt.

If you would like to order, please send an email before 10:00 PM on Thursday, June 27th to [email protected] with the sizes, quantity of each size, your forum name and given name. I will confirm receipt of email. If you don't hear from me, then I did not get your email.

Please send me your home address if you want them shipped to you. Shipping will be at your cost and shirts will ship the week following the reunion.
    We will not ship any shirts until payment is made in full. PayPal is preferred method of payment.

Cut off Date for ordering will be Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 10:00 PM

Thank you very much,

The Management

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Bummer I'll be at the lake house in Maine on those dates. The past few years it has been during my long trip up there or immediately before/after. A bit of a haul to go from 500 miles north of home to 500 miles south of home or vice versa in one shot. I hope to come next year if scheduling allows. Looking forward to pictures of the event!

Quote Originally Posted by cadunkle View Post
    I hope to come next year if scheduling allows. Looking forward to pictures of the event!
    Hey Cadunkle, just fyi, this reunion is always scheduled for the second weekend in July each year. However, one year out of the last seven, we moved it to end of June because quite a few people on here said they had scheduling conflicts and June was better. None of them showed up in June either.

So, out of fairness to the core group of people that make the trip every year, we thought it best to leave the date alone since a few of them make it a weekly family trip.
    I also post the reunion dates to the forum the first week of January (sticky under General Chat) so if you're planning your Maine vacations early, you can plan around this if you so desire.

We'd love to have you join us and remember, you don't have to bring a boat to participate. Next year, we may move reunion closer to Knoxville and flying down maybe the easier route if you wanted a weekend getaway. As one of the biggest fans of older Supras on this forum, I'd personally love to see your boat but also understand the dilemma of long distance towing.

P.S. You can always order a shirt and say you went.

1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I will echo what Daniel said Cadunkle. The very first year this event was held, my wife and I flew down on a whim for the day essentially having never met a single person from here and not bringing a boat. It was a great way to get our feet wet so to speak and to this day there are people we met from the first event that I talk to on a regular basis year round. Hop a flight down anywhere near and I am sure that you will not have a lack of people and boats to get you out on.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Hey all, curious, is there a schedule of when peeps are to meet up, or just hanging around Sunset dock? I'm from Cincinnati, but we have a houseboat there so I'll be down for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!
    Splbuilder
    1987 Supra Mariah

Quote Originally Posted by Splbuilder View Post
    Hey all, curious, is there a schedule of when peeps are to meet up, or just hanging around Sunset dock? I'm from Cincinnati, but we have a houseboat there so I'll be down for the weekend. Looking forward to it.

Thanks!
    The "format" is usually as follows. People start showing up in the area Thursday but most show up Friday. Friday night a group text goes out with a meet up time and place for Saturday and that is how the day starts. Saturday and Sunday are the two big days with the days prior to and after just bonus stuff. Hope that helps. If you haven't already, PM either Mischief IV or myself with your contact information as well as any other pertinent information and we will be sure to include you in the group texts and such.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski

Quote Originally Posted by Jetlink View Post
    The "format" is usually as follows. People start showing up in the area Thursday but most show up Friday. Friday night a group text goes out with a meet up time and place for Saturday and that is how the day starts. Saturday and Sunday are the two big days with the days prior to and after just bonus stuff. Hope that helps. If you haven't already, PM either Mischief IV or myself with your contact information as well as any other pertinent information and we will be sure to include you in the group texts and such.
    Awesome, sounds good and thanks for the info. Mischief has my contact info, as I am buying a few shirts as well. I've also been going to the DHL since birth so if anyone has any questions, I can probably help.

Thanks!
    Splbuilder
    1987 Supra Mariah