Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1985 COMP TS6M rebuild

I am in the process of replacing all the stringers in my Supra. I am close to putting the floor back on and I am looking at what foam to buy. I don't know if I should buy the 2lb or 4lb Density closed cell foam to put under the floor?

Any help??

I used 2'' closed cell house foundation foam sheets. I cut it into small pieces and fit it between the stringers and the bulk heads . It gives the sound deadening and flotation and still allows water to flow under and into the bilge.

This is a Correct Craft I am doing I just started the foam.

2 school's out there. To foam or not to foam be it nobler to obey all the coast guard laws or save the labor of not doing stringers again ( enough shakespeare ) i dont foam. at the end of the day it really doesn't matter the difference is the density more structure with 4 than the 2 your not using it for structure so go with whatever is more cost effective
    1986 TSM6
    1987 SALTERA

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    I used 2'' closed cell house foundation foam sheets. I cut it into small pieces and fit it between the stringers and the bulk heads . It gives the sound deadening and flotation and still allows water to flow under and into the bilge.

This is a Correct Craft I am doing I just started the foam.
    Had to snoop over on ccfan. New project looks good!

I have an 86, which I am just now finishing up replacing the floor and stringers in. I used
    Fiberform II. It comes in 1 gallon part A and 1 gallon part B kit. You will need 2 kits. I would suggest watching a YouTube video. Ski boat parts online is a good one to watch. Note temperature critical, if you're working environment is not at 70° the expansion reaction will not work properly.

Michael for your information I went through 13 gallons of resin.

Thats a lot of resin . Did you treat the wood with CPES?

Foam almost done working on sub floor

Yes CPES. I installed a layer of CS MAT matting on the bottom side of the plywood with a top layer of KNIT +/- 45 17 OZ W/MAT. the top mat that drank a lot of resin.

Over kill I love it . I did not glass the decks 2 coats of CPES only.

The floor of my Comp has at least three layers of cloth overlapped in a staggered pattern and at the seam it is four layers thick. Pretty sure the floor is not in danger of sagging or rotting and that is after I treated it with CPES both sides.
    '86 Comp TS6M - Reborn 2016
    Riding a HO Sports CX Ski