Default Car/Truck Oil Filter for 1999 Launch 310 HP Indmar?

I plan on changing my oil filter on my 99 Launch. Anyone know what car/truck engine I should look up at my local AutoZone for the correct filter? I don't live near a marine supply store for marine filters. Any help is appreciated.

The Fram oil filter number is a PH5. From this you can cross referenece to any brand you wish.

I've heard that marine oil filters have a thicker metal shell to reduce the possibility of the filter bursting. K&N oil filters also have a thicker shell. That is what I've used on mine, and using KenS Fram number to cross-reference, I'm sure you could find a K&N for yours.

(Although I'm not 100% convinced it's any better than getting any other quality filter such as a Wix. I've never heard of a filter bursting, but, maybe it happens).

Rust through might br the real danger with thin filter cans
    old boat - 1995 ts6m
    new boat - 2006 Launch 20

As long as you're changing oil at the recommended intervals rust shouldn't be an issue, and you can use a good quality automotive filter with no trouble.

Btw about cars: guys, what is your opinion regarding Tesla cars? Personally for me, it is HYIP.

To be honest, I used to be pretty indifferent to cars. I was absolutely uninterested in them and I did not understand the general enthusiasm of people for cars, but over time, when I first saw the 2020 Tesla Model 3 I understood why cars are so valued! Just look at this piece of art! Cars like Tesla bring me a lot of aesthetic pleasure! So Tesla is my favorite car!
    Last edited by Boule; 01-09-2021 at 08:41 AM. Reason: made a mistake

The orange is absolutely the worst filter money can buy. Wix ,Mobil 1, K&N, AC and Motorcraft are all good . K&N and Mobil 1 are probably the best also the most expensive . A better grade of oil is more important than the filter . I use Mobil 1 15w50 with a Motorcraft filter in all my boats Change every 50 hours and you will be fine
    Last edited by michael hunter; 01-09-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KenG View Post
    The Fram oil filter number is a PH5. From this you can cross referenece to any brand you wish.
    Thank you very much for providing this information, I hope it will be easy to find.