Default 2019 Supra SL 450

I’m looking at a 2019 Supra SL with the 450 motor and the MSRP is $162,000. There isn’t much available online regarding what people are paying. At Malibu, discounts are huge around d 25-30% off MSRP. I liked the Malibu but it doesn’t compare to the Supra. Just seeing if anybody out there has an idea.

Also, is the 450 engine big enough? I’m hoping not to go to the supercharged engine because I can only get 90 octane at the lake and it requires 93.

Thanks in advance.

I’d suggest flowing this on the Moomba forum...it gets a lot more action.

That said, I have a 2018 SL450 at sea level ant it’s more than enough (with the wake prop).

In terms of discount, I can’t help there much. I’d start off by finding out their boat show pricing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my experience, discount on Supra for a good deal is 22-25%.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post
    I’m looking at a 2019 Supra SL with the 450 motor and the MSRP is $162,000. There isn’t much available online regarding what people are paying. At Malibu, discounts are huge around d 25-30% off MSRP. I liked the Malibu but it doesn’t compare to the Supra. Just seeing if anybody out there has an idea.

Also, is the 450 engine big enough? I’m hoping not to go to the supercharged engine because I can only get 90 octane at the lake and it requires 93.

Thanks in advance.
    Depends on options and where you live. Some dealers have more aggressive pricing, some do not have to with the supply/demand.

I recall boat show specials from 115k (w/o a trailer, 400 motor, and probably had rebates) to 140k. More are closer to the 140 number. Yes, it's a wide range, but options can start to add up.

On the motor, most say the 450 is plenty. You see the used 550s for sale in CO and UT b/c of the high alt. Supercharged would be great if you have the extra $$ to spend on the initial purchase, don't mind spending the extra $$ at the gas pump each outing, and have easy access of getting the right gas in the boat.

There are other variables, how big your crew is, how much aftermarket weight do you want to run, your overall use - surf and/or wakeboarding. Any 400 or 450 can be re-propped to fit your needs. The key point is getting your RPMs not too high.

Awesome boat
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckD View Post

Thanks in advance.
    Depends on options and where you live. Some dealers have more aggressive pricing, some do not have to with the supply/demand.

I recall boat show specials from 115k (w/o a trailer, 400 motor, and probably had rebates) to 140k. More are closer to the 140 number. Yes, it's a wide range, but options can start to add up.

On the motor, most say the 450 is plenty. You see the used 550s for sale in CO and UT b/c of the high alt. Supercharged would be great if you have the extra $$ to spend on the initial purchase, don't mind spending the extra $$ at the gas pump each outing, and have easy access of getting the right gas in the boat.

There are other variables, how big your crew is, how much aftermarket weight do you want to run, your overall use - surf and/or wakeboarding. Any 400 or 450 can be re-propped to fit your needs. The key point is getting your RPMs not too high.

Awesome boat
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for all the info!!!

Here are the prices from ATL boat show in January with the SL 400, SE 450 and SA 400 they offered showing discounts.

The start of summer is NOT the time to buy a boat and expect huge discounts.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

I am soooo impressed with my new the SL450- Where are you located?
    I traveled to three different states and found them all about the same $165K list $130 cash deal, but that was in the fall and winter.

More important is do you like the dealer.....i know, I know.... I did not take that in to consideration when I bought from a dealer 5 hours away, but they have more than made up for the distance with the service. Woodard Marine has gone over and above and above. The latest engine issues. (Alternator and Fuel filter) If you are anywhere in the Northeast- Woodard marine is your only choice.

Thanks for the info. I’m in Texas unfortunately. I test drove one earlier this week and loved it. My wife liked the surf wave better than the Malibu mxz or G23. We have decided on this boat it seems. Thanks.