Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Trans looks way over full should be to the line about 1 inch from the bottom of the stick. Did you check the points and timing? When did this problem start ? Was it running good last year? Where are you located?
    Thanks for the insight on the fluid level. I'll pump it out and get the proper amount of fluid in there.

The problem started when we took it out for the first time this season. I believe it has been converted to an electronic ignition setup, so it does not have points. I'll take my timing light with me to the marina today to see what the timing looks like.

Find out what brand the ignition was converted to. What state are you in?

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Find out what brand the ignition was converted to. What state are you in?
    I'm in Utah. I couldn't find the ignition information. I'm very unfamiliar with ignition systems. I couldn't 100% confirm I don't have points. I took the distributor cap off and didn't see any capacitors, there is a plate with a black electronic module on it. When I remove the plate, below is what appears to be weights and springs surrounding the distributor (That's where the points would be I think) I don't see any points, just some springs and weights.

I started to do some additional testing and got to the compression test. Looks like my entire engine has low compression. I thought it was odd that all of the sudden, the boat would run like that after sitting over the winter. Will an engine lose compression like after a few months?

I need to do some research as to what to do now. Am I toast? If I remember correctly, low compression on all cylinders might be caused by a slipped timing chain. Any other recommendations other than a full engine overhaul?

I used an autozone compression tester, I want to make sure the tester is functioning properly before I dig too much deeper into the problem.

Here is a video of me testing compression and fuel lines. https://youtu.be/BEM4MJX4L5E