Default 2014 SC 350 surf help

Hi! I'm new to the forum world! But I need help! I had a 2004 Supra 21V and just bought a 2014 SC 350. We are having trouble setting the surf wave. Please...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cobray6 View Post
    Hi! I'm new to the forum world! But I need help! I had a 2004 Supra 21V and just bought a 2014 SC 350. We are having trouble setting the surf wave. Please...any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!
    Does that year come with a surf system? I do not think so.

Otherwise, try a suck-gate on the opposite surf side. Add weight - depending on your crew side. Try running 100%/80% for the surf side/non surf side. Try 10.5 to 11.5 for the speed.

Bow weight will make the wake longer. Also, running 11.5+ will also make it longer.

If you are having issues getting the boat on plane, you might have to look at a different prop.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thanks for the info. It does have the surf system.

Quote Originally Posted by cobray6 View Post
    Thanks for the info. It does have the surf system.
    Surf system or no surf-system, try the weight 100%/80% for the surf side/non surf side.

Try to stack as much weight in the back as possible, once you get a wake to form, try shifting some weight to the front to make the pocket longer.
    2018 Supra SL400

Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    Surf system or no surf-system, try the weight 100%/80% for the surf side/non surf side.

Try to stack as much weight in the back as possible, once you get a wake to form, try shifting some weight to the front to make the pocket longer.
    Agreed. These boats love weight in the back and then lengthen by adjusting trim and speed.

Default 2014 supra sc 350 surfing

Hello, I’m just new to the forum. I have a 2014 SC450. This was my second summer with the boat so I have a pretty good idea of the surf wave. Did you end up with a nice wave? I found with the factory hard tanks full, front bow sack full, upgraded rear sacks to Enzo style 850lbs per side and had them 100/80 surf side non surf side. Anywhere from 10.6-11.8 made a nice wave. Had to use the trim tab to get the boat on plane depending on how many people I had in the boat. The factory surf tab settings were all wrong too. There is a chart out there that Supra gave to their dealers to adjust when demoing the boat back in 2014. I have it but not with me now. The barrel wave is no good no matter what you do. You’ll need to upgrade that prop to a 15x12 for sure even if you are at sea level. I have a 15x13 on my SC450 and it sometimes struggles with the weight. I’m at 3000 feet though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey’s boat View Post
    Hello, I’m just new to the forum. I have a 2014 SC450. This was my second summer with the boat so I have a pretty good idea of the surf wave. Did you end up with a nice wave? I found with the factory hard tanks full, front bow sack full, upgraded rear sacks to Enzo style 850lbs per side and had them 100/80 surf side non surf side. Anywhere from 10.6-11.8 made a nice wave. Had to use the trim tab to get the boat on plane depending on how many people I had in the boat. The factory surf tab settings were all wrong too. There is a chart out there that Supra gave to their dealers to adjust when demoing the boat back in 2014. I have it but not with me now. The barrel wave is no good no matter what you do. You’ll need to upgrade that prop to a 15x12 for sure even if you are at sea level. I have a 15x13 on my SC450 and it sometimes struggles with the weight. I’m at 3000 feet though.
    High Atl and a loaded down boat - normal for a more aggressive prop.

On my 22' and living in TN, I went the middle-of-the-road vs aggressive prop.
    Ran 3-4K of ballast and the boat was telling me to re-prop.
    After little switch, the boat ran good rpms and had a good hole shot.
    2018 Supra SL400