Hybrid View

Default What is this black box?

Was working on installing a new head unit on my '98 Sunsport and came across some sort of electrical module that was unplugged. It has a 12 pin connector and I found where it plugs into, but I'm trying to understand what it is and why it may have been unplugged. The boat seems to run well and the gauges all work without it. Was unable to find a part number on it anywhere.

Looks like the warning light alarm module . They always false alarm and make an annoying beeping sound .All of my Supras have them unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by michael hunter View Post
    Looks like the warning light alarm module . They always false alarm and make an annoying beeping sound .All of my Supras have them unplugged.
    Thanks, good to know! With this unplugged I image none of the warning lights will come on at all, or is it just the alarm beeping sound that is deactivated?

Use the gauges they are far more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by HiImScott View Post
    Was working on installing a new head unit on my '98 Sunsport and came across some sort of electrical module that was unplugged. It has a 12 pin connector and I found where it plugs into, but I'm trying to understand what it is and why it may have been unplugged. The boat seems to run well and the gauges all work without it. Was unable to find a part number on it anywhere.

'98 is pre medallion I think. Those look like the wire colors for sending units. If your gauges all work dont worry about it unless you want the buzzer to work. Hunter is right.