Default SG450 Surf settings

Looking for help with setting up my surf system on my 2015 SG450. Ive got 500lbs of lead on the way and just wondering what everyone is running as far as settings go?

Default Need help with SG450 setup too.

Quote Originally Posted by DENT353 View Post
    Looking for help with setting up my surf system on my 2015 SG450. Ive got 500lbs of lead on the way and just wondering what everyone is running as far as settings go?
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I’m in the same boat (pardon the puns).
    I have a ‘17 Supra SG450 that is new to me and I need help with setup. I am currently not happy with the wave.
    I’m well aware it’s a big boat and it needs more weight for a “great” wave. Currently it’s stock ballasts and 600 lbs of Lead. I’m in the process of switching out the stock 750’s in the rear for 900 pound bags and will put an additional 200 pounds of lead under each rear bag. Is this enough for a “great” wave?

Quote Originally Posted by TFB723 View Post
    Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I’m in the same boat (pardon the puns).
    I have a ‘17 Supra SG450 that is new to me and I need help with setup. I am currently not happy with the wave.
    I’m well aware it’s a big boat and it needs more weight for a “great” wave. Currently it’s stock ballasts and 600 lbs of Lead. I’m in the process of switching out the stock 750’s in the rear for 900 pound bags and will put an additional 200 pounds of lead under each rear bag. Is this enough for a “great” wave?
    I don't have the SG but I replaced my stock 600s for 1100s in rear. How big is your locker? Is 900 lbs the biggest you can fit in there? The SG is a good size boat and weighs about 700 lbs more than mine stock if not mistaken so you should have an advantage from the start. I always run with both bags completely full in rear plus I also use 500 lbs of lead weight in addition to the bow bag. I only use the lead on the side I am surfing on and usually put 4 leads under rear locker bag in a straight line. I'll move 3 under rear seat and distribute some to the bow. I cannot run all lead in the rear since I'm 100 hp less you guys.

It is not an exact science. My setup depends on the number of people in the boat and I go from there. We spend sometime moving lead around if no push and also adjust speed up and down to see what is best.

I don't have the tallest wake but if setup correctly, can have really good push 12-13 feet back with a nice curl wave.

1983 Supra Rider aka Mischief IV
    1983 Supra Beast
    1985 Supra Rider
    1986 Supra Sunsport Skier
    1987 Supra Marauder
    1991 Supra Comp ts6m
    2012 Supra Sunsport 242

Default SG450 Surf settings

I rode a 2017 SG last Saturday AM. Water was a little choppy. The boat had 1450s. 400 motor and big pitched prop. Wave was awesome. My iPhone pic might not do it justice. Bad lighting too.

I can try to get the swell settings, but the bags were 100/80 for surf-side/non-surf side when filled. That gave the correct roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 06-27-2019 at 05:52 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Goofy Side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I see that a lot of owners of the SG’s go with 1100 Enzo’s in the rear lockers, but that will take more of the storage underneath the side seating.
    I’m thinking the 900 pound bags that completely fill up just the rear lockers and 200 pounds of lead under each bag
    That would be 900 in each locker and a total of 1000 pounds of lead in the boat.
    Not sure if that is enough?

Sounds good

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Have a 17 SG450 and it took some time to get the wave better and better. Bought the WakeMakers SE rear locker bags they say 1320#. Had it more dialed in last year before the marina left my battery switch on all off season and killed my batteries and setting. Had to go back to the basics and try to remember.
    These boats LOVE weight. Usually surf Reg Port side 100/100/100 star. surf tab 50-60 trim 30-70 and speed 11.2 depending how many people in the boat you can change the trim. We usually surf with only 1 or 2 extra in the boat. You can reduce starboard side to 80 for more weigh on the surf side. Just bought 250lb of lead and will probably buy another 250 but now placement will be the question..

Depending your riding style and what you want everyones settings will be slightly different. I like a big long wave not short and steep. If anyone else has some great input that is always great.