Default 2015 SG450 Surf setup help

I recently purchased a SG450 and i need some help getting it dialed in for surfing. I do have 500lbs of lead bags on the way. Thanks for the info in advance. Speed, Wake plate etc.....

Quote Originally Posted by DENT353 View Post
    I recently purchased a SG450 and i need some help getting it dialed in for surfing. I do have 500lbs of lead bags on the way. Thanks for the info in advance. Speed, Wake plate etc.....
    Do you know what bags you have on the lockers?

Most of the bigger Supra boats, 23’+, like 100%/80% for the surf side/non-surf side. Or 8-10’ of pitch and 3-4’ of roll. The tabs will also lift the transom to help with roll.

I would start by getting a clean steep wake, not much center plate, then try to lengthen by adding some weight to the bow and increasing the center plate. That should add length.

Lead - I would spread it evenly to the two back corners and midship. Lead fits nice in the back corners under the bags.

Speed - 10.5 to 11.5. Some of the guys with heavily weighted SEs can go over 11.5, which will make it longer. Start at the lower end, the add speed, 10.5 to 11. 11 to 11.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Im gonna look at the bags and let you know but as far as numbers go what should the tabs be set at? I am new at the surfing stuff and the Supra boats so its a learning experience for me.

Should i run it on barrel or skim style?

That model is not as popular as the SE and SA.

If you are on Facebook, you might try a search on the Supra/Moomba Page.

Here is when Wake9 reviewed it - not sure if they discussed settings on the tabs. I did not watch the whole video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep9TM_gHspQ

Wakeboard mag only talks about the stock settings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb3EO71lYlM
    2018 Supra SL400