Hybrid View

Default quick question for fellow older sunsport owners

i was working on my '88 sunsport tonight and noticed the air tube vents on the side of the boat under the side windshield had the scuppers facing backwards. shouldn't these be facing forward so that more air is dragged in at speed? can someone take a pic of their air vents for me?
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

trying to get a pic upload to work but they just disappear. maybe the easier way to ask is, can someone see if the "attwood" name is on the front or rear of their vents?
    Last edited by jtryon; 06-12-2019 at 04:05 PM.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

Yes they should be facing forward to be sort of a ram air induction when cruising. You should always run the blower before starting and low speeds.

thanks for confirming, i've already flipped them forward but they've been backwards for the 8 years i've owned the boat now. and yes i always run the blower before starting and when running but not moving.