Default delayed start with ignition

So I've read threads about this but still can't fix the problem. I turn the key and nothing happens until maybe 8 sec go by. I try it again and maybe it will fire right up. I'll trying again and it might take 3 sec to turn over. I've checked the battery, replaced the starter kit and I don't need to jiggle the throttle to make sure its in neutral to start. All that's left to check is the ignition switch or is their something else that it could be? Its the 325 indmar assault 2008.

thanks for the help.

/
    2008 Supra Launch 21V

Are you talking about the starter turning the engine over or the engine is delayed when trying to start?

the starter is delayed when trying to start. sometimes I even get an immediate click noise followed by a delayed start.
    2008 Supra Launch 21V

If you're getting a click, that's a relay or the bendix, or maybe the starter trying to turn. More than likely it's a relay or the bendix making noise. Sounds a bit like you may have a grounding issue at your starter or somewhere near it. Or you could have a bad ignition switch. Easy enough to test that with a multimeter or by manually jumping the start contacts with a length of insulated wire. Could also be a bad starter, with some portions of the starter motor no longer getting contact where the brushes are worn.

Check all the main battery connections at the batt and the engine. Make sure the cables are not corded inside the insulation. Bend them at the ends they should not crackle . If there is doubt use a set of jumper cables to connect the battery to the ground and starter. If all checks out good you may have worn brushes in the starter.