Default How to get to fuel tank area on 2006 Launch 21, Direct Drive

I recently purchased a 2006 Supra Launch 21 Direct Drive in Maryland. I live in Texas and I am experiencing Vapor Lock. I purchased the Indmar recommended 2nd fuel pump. I want to install it myself. How do you get to the fuel tank area to install 2nd pump/Indmar recommendations. I would appreciate and help/advice anyone could give me. Thank you in advance to my fellow Supra Owners who are happy to help fellow owners.
    Dave in Texas.

if its like my 09, you have to remove the centre floor section. the captains chair had to come out as it partially sits on this section
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Yep - should be two panels. You might only need to pull the rear panel, which might save you the trouble on the Captain's seat. Screws are hiding in the carpet at the corners of the panels. Be glad you don't have the 22ssv. The loveseat has to come out to get these out and while I've not done it yet, it looks like a bear of a job.

Can you post a picture rear seat. I have a 2000 DD and there is a screw off lid in the bottom of the ski locker. I had to remove my rear seat to get access to fuel line.

One issue was the fuel line and fuel filter get hot when you sit for awhile and create vapor lock. I found it helpful to open the dog house if I was sitting for while. I have since installed a heat shield around the gas filter which has helped a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by td in nc View Post
    Can you post a picture rear seat. I have a 2000 DD and there is a screw off lid in the bottom of the ski locker. I had to remove my rear seat to get access to fuel line.

One issue was the fuel line and fuel filter get hot when you sit for awhile and create vapor lock. I found it helpful to open the dog house if I was sitting for while. I have since installed a heat shield around the gas filter which has helped a lot.

Thanks to all 3 who responded. I found the removable panel behind the motor box, but it is too far to reach the gas tank area. I will look into removing the rear seat, that would make it easier to get to the fuel tank area. If it doesn't work out I will post a pix of my rear seat.
    Thanks again, Dave in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by saturdays2 View Post
    Thanks to all 3 who responded. I found the removable panel behind the motor box, but it is too far to reach the gas tank area. I will look into removing the rear seat, that would make it easier to get to the fuel tank area. If it doesn't work out I will post a pix of my rear seat.
    Thanks again, Dave in Texas
    We figured out how to remove the back seat, and that made it easy. We did have to make a bracket to hold the 2nd fuel pump. There was no space
    to just mount the 2nd fuel pump to the stringer. We test ran the boat and all is working fine. Now to try it for longer run time and see if we no longer
    experience Vapor Lock. According to Indmar and Supra we should not have the Vapor Lock problem again.
    Thanks Again to everyone who helped us solve this problem. Dave in Texas

glad you got it working

I’m sorry , I was thinking v drive not d drive.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug