Default Starting engine that’s been sitting for 1 1/2 years

Hi all, I have a 1990 Sunsport with the PCM 351 Windsor engine. It’s hasn’t been run for a while. Here’s what I plan to do prior to trying to start it. The engine was properly winterized prior to it sitting.
    1. Replace engine oil.
    2. Remove and replace spark plugs.
    3. Spray fogging oil in each cylinder.
    4. Remove old gas and replace with fresh gas.
    5. Replace impellar in coolant pump.

I’d be interesting to hear what else you recommend. It’s a carbed engine. Should I remove and clean the carb? Should I try to turn the engine over manually before trying with starter? If so, how’s this done? Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

Honestly, id disable the ignition. Then crank the engine in 10-15 second periods, for about a minute. Reconnect the ignition, set the choke and fire it up.
    Michael
    Mikes Liquid Audio

Quote Originally Posted by rdvanput View Post
    Hi all, I have a 1990 Sunsport with the PCM 351 Windsor engine. It’s hasn’t been run for a while. Here’s what I plan to do prior to trying to start it. The engine was properly winterized prior to it sitting.
    1. Replace engine oil.
    2. Remove and replace spark plugs.
    3. Spray fogging oil in each cylinder.
    4. Remove old gas and replace with fresh gas.
    5. Replace impellar in coolant pump.

I’d be interesting to hear what else you recommend. It’s a carbed engine. Should I remove and clean the carb? Should I try to turn the engine over manually before trying with starter? If so, how’s this done? Any other advice? Thanks in advance.

If it was properly winterized it should start up. The impeller should have been removed so you will have to put it back in. The cylinders should have been fogged so no need to do again. Place throttle in wot position using the neutral button for a few 10 to 20 secs..this will stop fuel flow as in flooded engine mode. Then crank engine to get oil moving without firing. Then try starting it. The oil should have been changed so fresh oil sitting for 1.5 years is not an issue. But this is assuming it was winterized correctly. After it fires and runs, then you could change the oil. If the plugs are more than 100 hours your might consider changing them.
    2009 21v Worlds 340 Cat
    run your engine after you change the oil
    Doug

Thanks for the reply. I was the one who winterized it so I think I can remember what I did. After all it was almost 2 years ago!