Default 1987 Supra Sunsport

Hi all. I am starting a project refurbishing an '87 Sunsport. Can anyone direct me to a good source of parts such as the dashboard switches, interior related parts, service manual. TY

Skidim is a good source for parts. What kind of interior parts do you want?

TY for the reply. For now I am interested in dash items (switches).

yup skidim has the switches for around $20 depending on amperage. sucks that they are so expensive but it does retain the OEM look.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

2007 Centurion Typhoon to be upgraded this winter!

Thank you for the info.

Did you install the surf system yourself? Was thinking of attempting the same for my '87 at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicyman View Post
    Did you install the surf system yourself? Was thinking of attempting the same for my '87 at some point.
    yes and i get a great wave with it. you'll need to get rid of the stock platform or cut it to fit the tucked-in gates, as well as raise the platform. cost would look something like this:
    $190/each - Lenco 4 1/4" fast actuators (part # 159129-001). mmimarine.com or marinepartssource.com should have them.
    $50ish - 3/4" HDPE - gate size that most use is approximately 22-24" long and approximately 12" tall. you want the bottom edge to be shorter than the top, and rounded so that it doesn't scar the wave. the inward tuck angle will help the most with not scarring the wave though. ideal deployment angle that i've found on my sunsport is around 15 degrees deflection off the side of the hull.
    $20 - stainless door hinges and hardware from your local hardware store
    $150 or so in ardunio components, mounting box, wiring. this will get the gates deploying at a set speed via gps so that they retract when you drop a rider or go over a certain speed. details here: https://github.com/jonthompson/surfactuator/

hope that helps.
    '88 Sunsport, 2250lbs ballast, automated surf system, home made surf exhaust, surf flap, ACME 913, Krypt 6.5 HLCD's, Perfect Pass Stargazer

That's great and very generous. TY again.

Did you need to change to a different prop?

Yes to handle the extra ballast. I went with an Acme 913 which is a 10.5 pitch LH rotation. Stock is 13 pitch. They also make a 9.5 which would handle as much weight as you can throw at it but IMO about 2200 lbs is about all you need, which the 913 handles fine. If you also wakeboard and/or have a lot of people onboard regularly and don’t care about top speed, the 9.5 might be worth considering. I have only wished i did that one instead a handful of times, when I had a big crew and full ballast trying to get up to wakeboard speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk