Default Velvet Drive Trans Issue- Please help

Major issue and I have a trip coming up, and the Supra Reunion. Losing all trans fluid when starting engine. Trans cooler and lines are all new and just replaced. Cannot see or feel any fluid, but you pour it in, start the boat and put in gear, you'll see it in the bottom of the boat within a minute. All of it. 1987 Supra Mariah with PCM 351 and Borg Warner Velvet Drive 1:1 trans.

Anyone? I am guessing maybe the gasket between the trans and the engine? Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by Splbuilder; 06-29-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Splbuilder
    1987 Supra Mariah

there is no gasket between the trans and the engine most likely the front pump seal
    1986 TSM6
    1987 SALTERA

Ordered the front seal from SkiDim. Going to try to separate the trans from the engine tonight. Don't really know what I'm doing but I'll give it hell.
    Splbuilder
    1987 Supra Mariah

There are some threads here on rebuilding. Should you decide to have someone else rebuild it, http://fantasticfinishmarine.net/ just did a nice job on mine.

Here is a link I made for removing my transmission with a link to another good thread https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...te+replacement

Good luck with the repair. It can be challenging getting good access to all the connections to remove the transmission. I think I ended up having to cut one of my wrenches in half to get to one bolt