Default Acceleration issue

I have a 2004 Supra launch 5.7. I have just replaced the computer, it ran fine for about 5 hours. Now, it idles fine and accelerates fine in neutral but under load over 1K RPM the motor dies out. When I pump the throttle quickly it doesn’t shut off. Replaced fuel filter but still have the same problem. Any ideas? SOS please help

I have a 2002 Supra Launch with the 5.7 liter. I did a quick search and it's most likely air in the fuel lines (old cracked lines... ethanol will eat the lines from the inside out) or the accelerator pump on the carb (requires a rebuild kit which is about $50USD) or water in the fuel/carb.

Rebuilding the carb is not very hard, I did it last year and I'm just an average shade tree mechanic always looking for an excuse to buy more tools to "save money" ...

I also replaced all my fuel lines last year as well $$$$ and I only use non ethanol gas to extend the life of the new lines.

If you need pics of carb rebuild I can send you some.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I will check the lines. I have a TBI so I don’t have a carb. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Glennseevers View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I will check the lines. I have a TBI so I don’t have a carb. Thanks again!
    Sorry, I had a brain fart... I also have a TBI... there is a rebuild kit for that as well that could help.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk