Question Supra buying advice needed

Hello all,

Looking for some information/advice. I would like to buy a 2000 Supra Legacy.

A found a clean, one owner, 2000 model, with 450 hours a few hours from me. Looking to mainly slalom ski but we tube and knee board too.

So what do I check out? What problem, maintenance issues would this model have? I have never owned an ib, only io.

Although I donÂ’t know much about it, my concerns would be with the transmission. How often, what kind of service? Signs of problems?

Engine performance should be apparent, I guess I could get a compression check?

Thanks!

Nice boat!
    Great for what you wish to do with it.
    If wanting some assurance purchase subject to a marine survey either by a qualified marine surveyor or a trusted marine shop.
    Should cost approx 300.00 but some of the best money ever spent!
    Saved me from buying a great looking boat with a cracked block!
    Bought my current boat on above terms !
    If seller balks , then Walk!
    You can always find another boat tomorrow.
    Good luck

Silly question, but how do you organize a purchase subject to a survey?
    This is an obvious part of a house purchase. Do you draw up a contract the same way? I am guessing you don't want to hand over cash on the understanding they will hand it back if the survey has issues.

I was looking for any inherent issues or problems specific to this model or brand.

I think I know what a survey is but I don't think that's what I'm looking for. On a small boat like this a test drive and/or a check over at a local dealer would suffice. We did that for our last Glastron. We met the seller at the dealer and had them go over it. Does it leak? What are the compression numbers? I don't think we spent $150 and it worked out great.

Perfect!
    And you got a great boat for your needs!
    Congrats!