Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1

    Default 2005 24SSV surf ballast set up

    Iím sure I am beating a dead horse here but I recently purchased a 2005 Supra 24ssv GG. It has upgraded pumps and bags from wakemakers. 750 in each rear locker and 1180 up front. I will fill the front full and surf side full plus have human ballast on the surf side, I am still getting some prop wash that I can only get cleaned up by constantly turning in to the surf side. I have messed with the wake plate keeping it all the way up also running it at about 25%. Speed wise Iím anywhere from 10.2-11. Anyone have any tips on how to get a slightly taller cleaner wave? I have heard these boats like a lot of weight in the bow to keep it clean back there which I know you sacrifice height on the wave. What is everyone running for set up. Really trying to get this thing dialed a little bit better. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Posts
    17

    Default

    I have an 05 21V and I through a pretty decent size wave, with length behind here and I am using 1100 in both rear lockers. 1100 in the center ballast. And finally a wake shaper, the wakeshaper pro 2 by liquid force. The wake shaper change the shape and curl of the wave dramatically. I would suggest going with the wakeshaper pro 2. After lots of time spent reading forums and reviews it seemed to be the best bang for your buck.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3

    Default

    Thanks for the advice! I have been looking at the mission delta 2. With the shaper I was hoping to be able to load equally in the rear and just switch the device side to side.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Posts
    17

    Default

    That is what I do. Like I said with the 1100ís in the rear lockers and then the shaper. Itís too easy. And if need be just have passengers move around to get that ideal wake


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5

    Default

    Yeah so I checked out the bags in the rear which I thought were the 750s, after converting the serial number on the bag they are the 1100s. Sounds like I need to invest in the shaper. Do you fill all three bags full with the shaper? Or are you still loading one side? Thanks again!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Due to the fact that the 21V lockers are smaller and in general a smaller boat I go 3/4 full on both rear lockers and full on the front bag. It works great for my 05. Hope this helps


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCarr20 View Post
    Yeah so I checked out the bags in the rear which I thought were the 750s, after converting the serial number on the bag they are the 1100s. Sounds like I need to invest in the shaper. Do you fill all three bags full with the shaper? Or are you still loading one side? Thanks again!
    You can load up all three bags and install a wake shaper. With your passengers, I would put more people on the surf side.
    2018 Supra SL400

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JordanCarr20 View Post
    Iím sure I am beating a dead horse here but I recently purchased a 2005 Supra 24ssv GG. It has upgraded pumps and bags from wakemakers. 750 in each rear locker and 1180 up front. I will fill the front full and surf side full plus have human ballast on the surf side, I am still getting some prop wash that I can only get cleaned up by constantly turning in to the surf side. I have messed with the wake plate keeping it all the way up also running it at about 25%. Speed wise Iím anywhere from 10.2-11. Anyone have any tips on how to get a slightly taller cleaner wave? I have heard these boats like a lot of weight in the bow to keep it clean back there which I know you sacrifice height on the wave. What is everyone running for set up. Really trying to get this thing dialed a little bit better. Thanks!
    The 24 can take a lot of weight and will produce some good results. Pitch, Roll, and Displacement are the three keys. For Displacement, it's easy, more weight, bigger wake. Most people that are into a lot of surfing will also look into a prop replacement. You might loose a few MPH on the top end, but the gain on the take-off (lower-end) is well worth it. Plus, the smaller motors do not have to run at such high RPMs.

    As for pitch and roll, if you have a consistent crew on the boat, you can get this dialed in each time. If your crew changes, this is harder to get the same results each time. One change in pitch/roll will affect the wake. One day it's great, the next you are scratching your head and wondering where all the push went to. Thus you have to adjust people from left/right and front/back. If you have a smaller crew, you might have to use extra bags or lead - easy to move around
    Last edited by MJHKnox; 07-19-2019 at 10:36 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I have a new to me 2006 24V. I was wondering what speed do you guys surf at? Here is me configuration
    1. Both lockers 1100 lb bags filled
    2. forward locker 1180 filled
    3. 400lb lead just in front of rear lockers
    4. Wake shaper suctioned at the rear.
    The wave starts to form at 10.7 MPH to 11.0 and that is the only speed we have been able to go ropeless. The wave at that speed doesn't seem very firm. Any ideas?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Renton WA
    Posts
    63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I have a new to me 2006 24V. I was wondering what speed do you guys surf at? Here is me configuration
    1. Both lockers 1100 lb bags filled
    2. forward locker 1180 filled
    3. 400lb lead just in front of rear lockers
    4. Wake shaper suctioned at the rear.
    The wave starts to form at 10.7 MPH to 11.0 and that is the only speed we have been able to go ropeless. The wave at that speed doesn't seem very firm. Any ideas?
    What happens when you only fill the front bag halfway? On my boat which is smaller then yours, a 07 21v, I needed to add more rear weight to offset my 1180 front sac. I ended up running this:

    Rear lockers each have 650 lb bag
    Rear seat has a 650 lb sac
    Rear Floor has 3 150 lb sacs
    Front locker has a 1180 sac

    In general more front weight gives you more wave length, more rear weight gives you more height or push.

    When I was running my original swim platform I would put the wake plate 3/4 up to clean up the wave a bit. With I replaced the swim platform with the new Supra Surfing swim platform I put the wake plate all the way up because the swim platform isn't digging into the wake anymore. Old platform had a lip on it and was a bit smaller. Initially I didn't think the new surfing swim platform improved the wave that much. But after moving the wake plate all the way up I do see a nice improvement in the wave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •