Quote Originally Posted by mikebu View Post
What happens when you only fill the front bag halfway? On my boat which is smaller then yours, a 07 21v, I needed to add more rear weight to offset my 1180 front sac. I ended up running this:

Rear lockers each have 650 lb bag
Rear seat has a 650 lb sac
Rear Floor has 3 150 lb sacs
Front locker has a 1180 sac

In general more front weight gives you more wave length, more rear weight gives you more height or push.

When I was running my original swim platform I would put the wake plate 3/4 up to clean up the wave a bit. With I replaced the swim platform with the new Supra Surfing swim platform I put the wake plate all the way up because the swim platform isn't digging into the wake anymore. Old platform had a lip on it and was a bit smaller. Initially I didn't think the new surfing swim platform improved the wave that much. But after moving the wake plate all the way up I do see a nice improvement in the wave.
Great tips. Thanks.

I added an extra 500lbs just in front of the rear lockers. Filled the front bag halfway but the front of the boat was really high and it didn’t accelerate well. I ended up filling the front bag all the way and that seemed to work very well. Speed was 11.0 mph

I really wonder about the swim platform. I’ve heard of people adding a new style platform but I haven’t really seen what it’s doing to the wave.Are you saying that it made a noticeable improvement to your surf wave?