Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mikebu View Post
    What happens when you only fill the front bag halfway? On my boat which is smaller then yours, a 07 21v, I needed to add more rear weight to offset my 1180 front sac. I ended up running this:

Rear lockers each have 650 lb bag
    Rear seat has a 650 lb sac
    Rear Floor has 3 150 lb sacs
    Front locker has a 1180 sac

In general more front weight gives you more wave length, more rear weight gives you more height or push.

When I was running my original swim platform I would put the wake plate 3/4 up to clean up the wave a bit. With I replaced the swim platform with the new Supra Surfing swim platform I put the wake plate all the way up because the swim platform isn't digging into the wake anymore. Old platform had a lip on it and was a bit smaller. Initially I didn't think the new surfing swim platform improved the wave that much. But after moving the wake plate all the way up I do see a nice improvement in the wave.
    Great tips. Thanks.

I added an extra 500lbs just in front of the rear lockers. Filled the front bag halfway but the front of the boat was really high and it didn’t accelerate well. I ended up filling the front bag all the way and that seemed to work very well. Speed was 11.0 mph

I really wonder about the swim platform. I’ve heard of people adding a new style platform but I haven’t really seen what it’s doing to the wave.Are you saying that it made a noticeable improvement to your surf wave?

Good to hear...

The old swim platform had a lip under it that would dig into the Wake. It also had a metal rub rail going around the outside that the dog would gets it's paws trapped in between the platform and the rail. I don't know the physics but the wave seemed a bit bigger and cleaner with the new platform. The new platform is also easier to get up and onto. It's not entirely worth the $1000 but I like it.

I also replaced my rear sacks with the Wakemaker Custom sized bags for my boat and really like them. I was using stock 21V front bags in the rear that would run a bit under the seats so they wouldn't fill up entirely. The new bags fill up my lockers to give me more weight then the old bags and plug into the stock plumbing. This lets me lose some extra bags I would put on the floor.

Now does anyone have tips on cleaning up the goofy side wave? It pales in comparison to the regular side wave which is so clean...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    I really wonder about the swim platform. I’ve heard of people adding a new style platform but I haven’t really seen what it’s doing to the wave.Are you saying that it made a noticeable improvement to your surf wave?
    I have a 2007 Supra 22 with the newer swim platform - absolutely makes a difference.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHKnox View Post
    I have a 2007 Supra 22 with the newer swim platform - absolutely makes a difference.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Great!! Did you order the platform direct from Skiers Choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Turbinesurgeon View Post
    Great!! Did you order the platform direct from Skiers Choice?
    Yes. Ordered through my local dealer. They color match it to your boat. There are a few options you can buy, SS trim rail, seadek pad, etc. Used the same brackets. I think mine was $1000-1100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

There are also some threads about people making them, HDPE or wood, then glassed.

There was a pattern posted on here or the Moomba site.

2018 Supra SL400

It took me all summer but I found a really good combination to make good surf wave behind the 24v

It seems it likes to be listed just a little with the wake shaper.

I fill the left rear locker 1100# and only fill the right one to about 3/4.
    Front bag fill all the way 1180#.
    150# lead in the nose.
    100# lead in the right rear locker just in front of the bag.
    400# lead on the left side under seats towards the back.

For our goofy riders we move 100#s lead to the right and fill the right rear bag and left is 3/4 full. Everyone sits on the right side of the boat.

Speed 11.7 mph.

I have the same set up in a 06 22 launch. I fill the port an center bags full then put 20 or 30% in the starboard bag gives a little extra height an use a mission delta shaper. If your like me and still have a stock prop that’s the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis1245 View Post
    I have the same set up in a 06 22 launch. I fill the port an center bags full then put 20 or 30% in the starboard bag gives a little extra height an use a mission delta shaper. If your like me and still have a stock prop that’s the next step.

Yep. First thing I did was replace the stock prop

I just got a GG 24SSV 1180 full up front, 1100s both full in rear, shaper is a must. Best wave seems to be 5-6 person crew and running at 11.2- 11.6