Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Help with surf set up for 2019 Supra SL450

Trying to set up the surf wave on the 19 Supra SL and need some help.

Stock ballast +500 lbs of PnP in each rear locker and 200 lbs of lead in the bow and 200 lbs in the surf locker. 11.3 mph. pitch around 10 and -2 on regular and 4 on goofy. Wave is tall and big but would like a little more length. tried going faster but lose push in the back. Surf plate is at 30. Thanks.

Try dropping your Surf Plate to 10, while increasing your pitch to 10.5.

Default Help with surf set up for 2019 Supra SL450

Did you try one of the wakesurf presets and autowake?

Then tweak from there on speed and wake plate. The more wake plate you add, the smaller your wave will be.

Minimize wake plate and add front ballast or speed up a little to lengthen the wake.

I am going to say the factory engineers have tried every pitch and roll setting to come up with the presets.

Here is the Mecca if Autowake knowledge. I can promise you after reading this long thread, you will master Autowake, by far the best tool on the the wake market.

AutoWake questions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Larry Arizona; 08-16-2019 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Arizona View Post
    Did you try one of the wakesurf presets and autowake?

Then tweak from there on speed and wake plate. The more wake plate you add, the smaller your wave will be.

Minimize wake plate and add front ballast or speed up a little to lengthen the wake.

I am going to say the factory engineers have tried every pitch and roll setting to come up with the presets.

Here is the Mecca if Autowake knowledge. I can promise you after reading this long thread, you will master Autowake, by far the best tool on the the wake market.

AutoWake questions
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...0&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may have to try autowake again. Since my post, I added 400 lbs of lead so now have 200 lbs in the bow and 300 lbs each side midship. The wave has improved dramatically. Now surfing at 11.7 mph and pitch of 10 ish and roll of 4 on goofy and 2.5 on regular.

Cool, I wish I can own my own surf wave machine.

Hi,

SO you have added +500 in each rear locker above the in floor ballast or you but larger bags sub floor? Is all of that extra weight above the 3500 stock ballast really needed to get a quality wave out of the Supra. I just sold my Malibu and purchased a 2020 SL 550 and was hoping I didn't really need to add that much extra weight to get a decent wave

Quote Originally Posted by Parkman40 View Post
    Hi,

SO you have added +500 in each rear locker above the in floor ballast or you but larger bags sub floor? Is all of that extra weight above the 3500 stock ballast really needed to get a quality wave out of the Supra. I just sold my Malibu and purchased a 2020 SL 550 and was hoping I didn't really need to add that much extra weight to get a decent wave
    If we have 2-3 people, I run 500-1000#. Not in the lockers, under the seats from the back seat to the tower.

Larger crew, I leave the bags at home.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Yes, in such conditions, I would like to have my own surf machine.

Turn off auto wake. I would only use if you have 6 or more people in boat and just having a fun run. We run 150 each rear corner and 100 under each tower. 100 percent to surf side, 95 to other. 60 to 70 front, less if you have people up front. Easy peezy, at those settings and only driver in boat the wake is fantastic, clean, useable and a ton of push. 10.6 to 11.4 speed based on preference etc. You can slam way more weight into this boat but the tsunami that ensues is past ridiculous and most pros will make us reduce it. Don’t confuse a huge wake with a good wake. My two cents.

I have a 2019 SL 450 and usually run with a small crew (wife and 2 little kids). I have an additional 650# of lead (300# port, 250# starboard, and 100# center locker). I have the weight evenly distributed from the tower back. Disclaimer...My wife and I are both regular foot so I've spent most of my time dialing in the port (regular) side wave. I have Autowake set at -3 for "surf left" and 4 for "surf right" with pitch set at 9.5, wake plate set to 25 at 11.5mph. We are getting a long, consistent, belly high wave that grows to chest high with a larger crew. My goofy (right) side wave tends to be taller, steeper, and shorter, which we like, because it gives us a little more push when we are surfing backside. Most of our friends that surf goofy are beginners so they like the extra push of that steeper wave but I think as they progress I will have to do some more tweaking on that wave. I am the only Supra at my dock filled with LSV 25's and G23's and the general consensus is the Supra is getting the best wave.